Ability to compare Collections

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
iceblox
3591 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Ability to compare Collections

Post by iceblox »

Is it possible to include a feature where I can compare collection A to collection B and see for example, which movies are in B which are not in A (or vice versa), which are the movies which are common to both A & B, etc.? If I can compare more than 2 collections, that's even better.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Ability to compare Collections

Post by mpowell »

We don't currently have that ability -- you have to either be viewing one collection or another. It's a neat idea, though. We do have an enhancement report for "Search on Multiple Collections", the implementation of which I think would cover what you're looking for. This is something likely to be complicated, but I could see how useful it might be in certain situations.

andr
1785 Ratings

Re: Ability to compare Collections

Post by andr »

If it was possible to "subtract" one collection from another (get a set of movies that is in one collection and not in the other, or operation AND NOT) as was suggested elsewhere, it would be possible to compare collections by calculating their differences.