Short Peace

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Short Peace

Post by hotsake »

The opening had some good visuals without being that interesting.
Possession: I'm not sure how I feel about the animation style. The short was still enjoyable even if the video game animation was really distracting.
Combustion: The animation is really beautiful. A classic type of Japanese story.
Gambo: The animation style is pretty average. The design of the bear is a little odd. The story was hypnotic and the music fit perfectly and the battle between the monster and Gambo along side the humans was extremely brutal, powerful and a little sad.
A Farewell to Arms: I really enjoyed the animation used in this short. The movie wasn't that great. This is more like an interesting scene in a larger movie or show but as such it doesn't stand that well on it's own.
Overall this anthology didn't quite work for me. The shorts didn't mesh well and there wasn't a common theme or element either. In the end I'd have to say that this film was definitely less than the sum of it's parts.