Chinese Godfather

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Chinese Godfather

Post by hotsake »

Generic plot, mediocre acting (I did watch the dub which was taken into account), passable martial arts. Its a typical story of a hero, or in this case 2 heroes the main one and a lesser one, who comes to town to complete a promise to a dying stranger and decides to stay and clean up the town and romance a local "businesswoman" (main hero does this). The story has been done numerous times before both better and worse, this one is strictly in the middle. The actors, character, scenes, sets and fights are all kind of bland with nothing that stands out. On the plus side the movie moves at a brisk pace and has fights scenes every couple of minutes. It's not a bad way to spend an afternoon but don't be surprised if you can't remember any details of the film the next day. PS in the version of the films I saw there are a couple of fight scenes where still images of Bruce Lee are spliced in for no real reason, I'm not too sure if that happens in all versions of just this one but they were distracting and served no purpose. In the middle of the climactic fight there is a sort of House of Trap sequence where the main villain leads the hero into a garden of traps. The end fight is one of the longest and strangest I've seen in a long time.