Alien: Covenant

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20413 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Alien: Covenant

Post by hotsake »

I wasn't the biggest fan of "Prometheus", not because it was bad but because it took over 2 hours to tell a 90 minute story that ultimately didn't go anywhere. And while I'm not the biggest "Alien franchise" fan I happen to like all the films in the series. I've heard a lot of talk that the Prometheus story was supposed to be a trilogy but that the first film did so poorly that they scrapped the idea. Now that makes a whole lot of sense to me after seeing this film because this film seems at times like a sequel to Prometheus and at other times like a prequel to "Alien" but never really manages to be both things at once. This makes it seem like they took the ideas for the next two films in the series and merged them together, by doing this they had to drop a lot of plot points and that's what really hurts this film. I'm hoping when this comes out on Blu-Ray that there will be a director's cut of the film that will fill in some of the missing pieces.