The Dark Knight Rises

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by hotsake »

As convoluted as the story is and as atrocious as the dialogue gets at times I did in fact really like this movie. The best movie in the trilogy would be Batman Begins followed by this movie. I didn't like The Dark Knight that much nor did I think Ledger's Joker was worth a damn. Now I found everything about DKR better than the Dark Knight aside for one thing and that is the action scenes. The action scene in this movie just weren't that great. Bane and his old man voice were ok but each villain in this trilogy were let downs for me.

PrestoBix
2379 Ratings

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by PrestoBix »

Oh, I loved Bane as a villain. So much so that I thought it was lame when it was revealed he wasn't the real villain. I actually liked him so much that I was rooting for him to destroy Gotham. Probably just because this is a Hollywood movie and I want to root for the underdog (the bad guy). Why can't the likable bad guy win just once?

What didn't you like about the action scenes? I think just saying "I didn't like the action scenes" is worthless criticism. It's fine for you to think that, but no one wants to read that. Say why whenever you say something is good or bad. Otherwise what's the point of typing it out?

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by 90sCoffee »

The action scenes in this one were the best. First, you had a plane literally being hijacked in mid-air by another plane, what ridiculousness but it was shot so well. Second, you had the two big fights and in the first Bane v Batman fight, you could almost feel the thumping of the punches in the cinema, it was brutal. Nothing in the first two films came close to the intensity of that.

Also, I think that this film is fantastic, best in the trilogy for me. People had high expectations for the third after the second one and I think that led to some problems with it being marginalized but anyways, the reason I loved it was because it was so big. The action scenes above but not just that, it had the best atmosphere. It had this really grand noir setting without needing to get all dark in color or lighting like some past Batman movies. And that sense of despair and the way everything came together in the end was almost mythical. Nolan made the ending and the Batman story mythical. It also had two of the best side-characters with Bane (who I thought was fantastic) and Catwoman. I will admit that the ending and how Bane (spoilers)..........gets killed is dumb but that one part isn't gonna ruin the rest of the film for me.