Alien Uprising

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Alien Uprising

Post by hotsake »

Before I start my review I just want to say that while this is definitely not a great film, hell it might not even be a good film, but it most definitely is not the pile of shit that most people are saying it is. There are tons and tons of worse movie out there a lot of which gets more love than this. Ignore the hate, watch it and then judge it for yourself. Okay so the opening scenes in the club go on for far far too long and the flash forward bullshit got old real fast. The soundtrack wasn't terrible but it didn't always work, the camera work was like something out of a mediocre found footage film. The characters while initially unlikable are given a surprising amount of depth. Jean-Claude Van Damme is completely wasted in the film although his one fight scene is fun mostly due to who he's fighting. The story is generic and a rehash of multiple better films but its still interesting enough. The film is well paced and tense at times especially considering the over 100 minute run time. Overall this is a fairly entertaining middle of the road movie that is perfect to have on in the background when you have friends over or during a lazy Sunday afternoon. It's not shit just really average.