Black Panther

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Black Panther

Post by hotsake »

Over all the was a decent superhero film. I liked the actors and I liked the fact that most of the cast were black. However that might actually be part of the problem, because all they seemed to do was take the same tired old story and character template and switch all the white characters and made them black and made the token character white. so while nearly all the characters are black with the token white guy it all just seems like the same old shit. The actors did a great job with what they had, which wasn't much. The fight scenes and effects were poorly done and most of the set designs and costumes were as well. This Marvel film like all the others features mostly bad humor and no repercussions for any deaths or destruction.

igormachete
1552 Ratings

Re: Black Panther

Post by igormachete »

My problem with it is the fact that everyone feel obliged to love it, even though it doesnt offer anything besides generic superhero filler. Even now you haven't mentioned a single positive aspect of the movie and still somehow call it a decent film. The only thing that comes from the fact that the majority of the cast is black is the african setting, and even that is dumbed down to generic futuristic spaceships and super advanced technology. I hated the movie and dont know what everyone see in it. It's dumb, boring, it's not funny or interesting, it's bad at almost everything. I refuse to believe that such praise comes from the racism fear alone, so I really don't get what the hell is so good in this movie so that it has 7.8 IMDb, 88% meta and 97% tomatoes

hotsake
20322 Ratings

Post by hotsake »

The biggest positives for the movie were the acting which I found to be some of the best I've seen from a Marvel movie and the fact that they used a nearly full black cast in the film which was a little surprising since usually the black superheroes are surrounded by non black characters, take Spawn and the Blade trilogy as examples of this. Another reason I gave this a decent rating was my experience watching the film. My wife isn't a very big movie watcher but she had a great time and that bumped up my rating a little. If I watched this a second time, which I don't see myself doing, I might rate it a bit lower but I'm not sure because I've seen a lot of movies that were much much worse. Some of the people I've talked to that hate this movie seem to hate on it just as much for the hype and praise that the movie is getting as for the films quality and they're personal enjoyment or lack there of. I gave this movie the same rating as Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther mainly for the acting and Thor for the dumb Flash Gordon cheese vibe.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

I don't feel obliged to love it, I just thought it was pretty good. I disagree with the acting though, I think Michael B Jordan's character was awfully hammy and just generally bad. Andy Serkis was trying to do a weird Joker thing....Marvel villains can't ever act.

Ragnarok was much funnier and probably more entertaining as a whole, this had a better storyline but had too many distractions at certain events so Ragnarok was better as a whole for me.

I get annoyed by the fight sequences in all of these, too many jump cuts, it's dis-orientating to know what's going on.