A Quiet Place

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

A Quiet Place

Post by hotsake »

I loved the idea of the movie and though most of the actors did a really good job for the most part with what they were given. On the other hand there were way way way too many jump scares and loud sounds. The characters were really dumb and how they lived wasn't very realistic, why a multi-level wood house? why no sounds proofing or bunker? Even with all the stupid decisions they characters made and the cliches, jump scares, lapses in logic and plot holes this movie was a lot of fun. I guess I was just hoping for more. Glad I watched this, I might even buy it on Blu-Ray.

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Re: A Quiet Place

Post by ribcage »

My wife and i couldn't get past how they walked around without constant line of sight on their children. That's a rule for us in a world that's not a postapocslyptic monster jungle. However we did enjoy the movie quite a bit.

hotsake
20322 Ratings

Post by hotsake »

Yes I agree, Plus the kids both the four year old and their daughter seemed not to care about the fact that there are monster lurking about, I mean the four year old should've been so scared of the "boogeymen" outside that one of the parents should had to carry him all the time. You'd also think since their daughter was deaf she'd be in front. Then at the end not only does this same daughter simple wonder off but takes a nap on the bridge and the mom never even knew she was gone.

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Right? You'd think, no matter the postapocslyptic scenario, a STRONG buddy system would be in effect, especially for the kids.

It's not a movie that bears too much analysis into its logic.