Tomb Raider

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Tomb Raider

Post by hotsake »

They should've just called this Hang-On: The Movie as that's pretty much all Lara does is hang on to stuff. I seem to be in the minority here but I thought that Alicia Vikander was terrible as Lara. She's not a terrible actress but this was not the role for her. Everything about this movie just screams average, average soundtrack with cliche ridden musical cues, cliche story with action scenes straight from some of the games and they almost look it too. The acting was bare bones with no one doing a terrible job but it all seemed phoned in, the dialogue however was terrible. The script didn't seem to know what it wanted Lara to be. In the beginning she was like "Max" from the old show "dark Angel" but in typical Hollywood fashion she a bit of an underdog with a chip on her shoulder but still oh so spunky. Later on she's an unstoppable, indestructible action hero who can crash through trees, be stabbed with a wooden shard and not be hurt until help arrives. This movie made me roll my eyes so much I got a migraine.