Guardians of the Galaxy 2

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20322 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Post by hotsake »

Well here we are again with the second film in the overrated series part of a highly overrated cinematic universe that has been churning out increasingly bland, bad and boring films. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the first film in fact I barely enjoyed it but this film cranks up everything I didn’t like about the first one to 11. More comedy, more jokes and one lines, more poorly rendered bland action non sense. The bad thing is I like action, sci/fi, and comic book films but this is just lazy comedic bullshit. In between all the lame one liners and the poor comedy that ruins any tension the film might’ve had they managed to shoehorn in some “power of family and forgiveness” messages that clashes with the mostly overly lighthearted and dumbed down tone of the film. I must admit that I enjoyed some bits and pieces and some of the cameos and music and I felt that the final act was decent if heavy handed. It’s not as “good” as the first but it still manages to get a passing rating from me if only barely.