The Brave Archer

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
20413 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Brave Archer

Post by hotsake »

This movie was really frustrating, now I know it's part of a trilogy and based on a super long novel but the movie felt way too long while at the same time it seemed to skim over certain parts way to fast. The Legend of the Condor Heroes the story from which this movie is based is much better suited for TV because here even though the first movie is only based on the first part of the novel, the tonal shifts, large cast of characters, and unknown amount of time that progresses during the course of the film really makes it hard to stay immersed in the film. There are also a few scene that tended to drag and went on for way too long. The single biggest problem I had however was the ending, the stupid thing just ends, in what seems to be the middle of a scene the damn thing just ends. No I have to see the next movie to find out if it continues directly afterwards but I need a bit of a break before diving into the next dense installment.