A dark Place (2018)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
ikkegoemikke
4304 Ratings
Your TCI: na

A dark Place (2018)

Post by ikkegoemikke »

Getting the job done the easy way,
is like running away from the problem.
Because dealing with the problem is…
It takes hard work.

Original Title: Steel Country

I have a preference for the more unknown movies that are released weekly. The indie film world is lively and inexhaustible. The sad thing is that there’s also a lot of crap to work through. And then you come across such a film as “A dark place” (Original title “Steel Country“). It doesn’t have a subject that’ll blow you away or impress you the very first instance. You expect the same, routinely story as told in countless other films. But as the film progressed, I became more overwhelmed and excited. And this because of (unknown to me) actor Andrew Scott. My sense of shame increased by the minute while I admired his acting performance. How the hell is it possible that I didn’t know this actor? If you think that Dustin Hoffman is fabulous as Tom Cruise’s autistic brother in “Rain Man“, I’m sure you’re going to appreciate Andrew Scott’s interpretation as the mentally retarded Donald Devlin. Equivalent and Oscarworthy are two words that immediately come to my mind. A moving and at the same time inspiring character. At the same time, the film was also fascinating enough and the guesswork continued until the end.

Once and a while I write that a film is a must-see. This time it’s mandatory to watch this movie. And especially (I can’t emphasize it more) because of the actor Andrew Scott. Reward this guy with all sorts of prizes and hopefully, he’ll get offered other movies that reach a wider audience. In any case, I have viewed his filmography and will certainly view more work from his oeuvre.

PS. Don’t confuse this film with the movie that has the same name, starring Luke Baines.

More reviews here: movie-freak.be

ikkegoemikke
4304 Ratings

Re: A dark Place (2018)

Post by ikkegoemikke »

PedroPT wrote:it was one of those Movies i seen because i had nothing else, but its not suposed to be one of those movies. It was a big surprise and a must see.

That's why I love independent movies: once and a while you are surprised by them ;)

ikkegoemikke
4304 Ratings

Re: A dark Place (2018)

Post by ikkegoemikke »

PedroPT wrote:yes. but you need to be in a special mod to see them. most of the times we arrive home, tiered and just want some random popcorn movie. those movies we forget quickly, this one´s we don´t :)

Indeed, except I'm always in the mood for an indie-movie.