Scoob! (2020)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
warrensm
2512 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Scoob! (2020)

Post by warrensm »

This will probably be the entry in the Scooby-Doo franchise that is going to equally divide its audience, with each side giving its own valid reasons. Some viewers are going to appreciate the modernization of the story, while others will wish it had stayed in the late 1960s. Some are going to get a kick out of the pop culture references, while others will ask themselves why they are in a Scooby-Doo movie. Some will appreciate the superhero theme, while others will forget that Blue Falcon and Dynomutt have existed in the past. Some will recoil at the childish crude humor, while others may giggle at it. Some longtime Hanna-Barbara fanatics are going to love the tie-in with other characters, while others are going to call it a forced attempt to kick-start a shared universe. It'll be very interesting to see how the overall consensus falls, and it'll also be up to the individual to form its own opinion. At the end of the day, it's a kids' film. That's the best anyone can say about it. It does what it can to introduce this franchise to a younger generation through those quirks and contemporary computer animation, while at the same time, it does have enough weight in the story and aims closer to the source material than more recent attempts, even when it doesn't always digest easy. It'll be up to you to decide where this lands. Obviously, it's more focused at entertaining today's kids than being a great entry in the Scooby-Doo canon. However, if it connects with the long-time meddling kids that grew up with the characters for over half a century, then it has definitely earned its extra Scooby Snack points.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Re: Scoob! (2020)

Post by iconogassed »

Wow. This thread got 1300 views within hours? I mean it's a fine review but do you have a loyal army of followers you tweeted this to?

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Now up to 4000+ views since I made that post...I congratulate you on your magnetism, sir

JonSmith
968 Ratings

Post by JonSmith »

These can't be real numbers right? It's at 8K now.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I very much doubt it. That would require near-Trumpian levels of offsite engagement. But just in case I'mma pimp my boi BillyShears' dissenting wit

wrote:Simon Cowell shows up and Scooby Doo and Shaggy sing Shallow and then there’s tinder references and jinkies who was this for. “And I would’ve been released in theaters to a mediocre box office return if it weren’t for you meddling covid-19s”