Cruella

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Cruella

Post by Stewball »

Over-the-top inane and silly with touches of slapstick, all to make victimhood an acceptable excuse for one’s bad behavior. First, Estella (the future Cruella) is subject to a string of white, male, incompetent authority figures who unwittingly precondition her for the ultimate baddie, the Baroness. It’s hard to go any further into this prequel without some spoilers, but suffice it to say that this Cruella bares no resemblance to the once and future puppy killer. Disney has turned stereotypical, quota casting into an art form, but they actually restrained themselves in the presentation of Artie, the obligatory LGBTQ character—who is little more than a place holder for when they feel they lay full-fledged “Strange” on our children. Strange can actually be interesting, it’s the usual attached agenda starting in 2nd grade lesson plans that spells uproar.

So, before your very eyes, evil is transformed into anti-hero, as easily as unmaking Cruella as the devil. 4/10

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: Cruella

Post by ShogunRua »

Stewie, my good man, why oh why did you expect anything different from Modern Woke Hollywood?

Haven't you been burned enough times?

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 am
Stewie, my good man, why oh why did you expect anything different from Modern Woke Hollywood?

I had no reason to expect this throwing of their paying audience under the bus to this degree. Disney can't rely on news establishment backup like politicians, sports, government education and social media can.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Stewball wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:37 am
ShogunRua wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 am

I had no reason to expect this throwing of their paying audience under the bus to this degree. Disney can't rely on news establishment backup like politicians, sports, government education and social media can.
On the contrary. Disney can rely on the "news establishment", considering it literally OWNS a portion of the news establishment (ABC) and they're all working towards the same goal, anyways. Moreover, Disney is actively involved in politics and far more powerful than any single US politician, the senile vegetable known as Biden included.

Disney's recent strategy is a very simple one; buy up all their competitors. It's why they bought LucasFilm. It's why they bought Marvel. It's why there are rumors of them buying DC.

Anywho, all that aside, we were talking about The Critical Drinker in the other topic. What do you think of his review?

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

How has no one mentioned that the movie reveals to us that the reason Cruella hates dalmatians is because they killed her mother? How do you think this is a good idea to put into your movie?? Look at the way she doesn't even react oh my god I can't stop laughing

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

I have nothing to add to the topic at hand, just wanted to say that The Critical Drinker is phenomenal. 8-)