The Witcher 2: Assassins of The Kings (2011)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
KeyUtkan
2282 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Witcher 2: Assassins of The Kings (2011)

Post by KeyUtkan »

The worst combat I've ever experienced. Also, the map feels so narrowed down compare to the first game. No room for the feeling of free-roaming.The first game was aware of its incapabilities. That's why the all map sat on a flat level. There was only 1 level. But in this one there so many ladders, hills, stone stairs, and climbing. But every one of these movements requires a mouse click in the exact time when the icon of the movement appears on the screen! I mean WTF? Both combat and this hideous level platforming make this game the very opposite of being fluid. I Mean this game made its debut in the same year with Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City.

Story-wise it's also bad cuz, again Gerard aint remember anything so it's basically the 1sst game with a different architectural setting. Even the NPC characters are mostly the same (Zoltan, Dandelion, Trish, Thrave etc,)

I couldn't even bear to finish this game. Cuz the repetitive boss and semi-boss fights. Terrible map to guide you. Also, Inventory was much much better back then. Itemization is a mess. Even the very much criticized combat system of the first game is much better than this unimaginative, unuseful roll and queen and roll thing.

56/100