The Youtube Thread

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Anomaly
1894 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Youtube Thread

Post by Anomaly »

This is perfect.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

free climber scene. i saw it in Herzog's Nomad doc about Bruce Chatwin.

Original film: Scream of stone (Werner Herzog 1991)
Rock climber: Stefan Glowacz

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Burial talking about his bro playing the motion tracker sounds from Alien.
Burial: The motion tracker, yeah, and the dropship, the sentry guns. My big brother would play that sound to me when I was little, and tell me the stories from the film. He recorded it on a tape. He would tell me about that motion tracker sound, and ‘Alien’ and ‘Aliens’ are some of the scariest films. But he would only show me the bit where they were loading up the weapons, but he’d say, ‘you’re too young, I won’t show you the rest, but I’ll tell you about it’. I love the sound of the motion tracker, you can feel the fear of the empty spaces ahead, it's like sonar. I like Blade Runner but I’m only obsessed with one scene in it, the bit where he’s sitting at those cafes in the rain. I love rain, like being out in it. Sometimes you just go out in the cold, there’s a light in the rain, and you’ve got this little haven, and you’re hanging round like a moth – I love moths too and that’s why I love that scene.
he's really adorable.

https://www.thewire.co.uk/in-writing/in ... transcript
Wire: It’s a bit like when they put on the mist on [the PlayStation game] Silent Hill because they didn’t have the memory power to render a fully-realised environment.

Burial: Oh, really? Dark. I like Silent Hill. If you hide sounds in the mist. It’s like a veil across the far wall of the tune.