The Youtube Thread

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
3dRevelation
1164 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Youtube Thread

Post by 3dRevelation »

Pretty close to the Titanic re-release:

:lol:

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

I cut a tribute to the movies of Michael Cimino:

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

People should be paying you to do that. Love the Oliver Stone one, too. Tennis player to soldier, bullet, crowbar. thou hast chops; rhythm, and wit.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Bojangles wrote:I cut a tribute to the movies of Michael Cimino:

Nice work, but I can't help wondering if inclusion of the quote at the end was meant to be tongue-in-cheek on your part. After all, it's Cimino, someone whose downfall was never giving a fuck about others, talking about his films spreading "compassion" for others.

Also, while I certainly respect the guy's talent, I think the net contribution of Cimino to cinema were negative. I would gladly trade in the existence of "Thunderbolt and Lighfoot" and "The Deer Hunter" for another 20+ good/great films that never got produced because of the "Heaven's Gate" debacle, United Artists going out of business, and all the major production studios changing their practices.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

ShogunRua wrote:
Bojangles wrote:I cut a tribute to the movies of Michael Cimino:

Nice work, but I can't help wondering if inclusion of the quote at the end was meant to be tongue-in-cheek on your part. After all, it's Cimino, someone whose downfall was never giving a fuck about others, talking about his films spreading "compassion" for others.

Also, while I certainly respect the guy's talent, I think the net contribution of Cimino to cinema were negative. I would gladly trade in the existence of "Thunderbolt and Lighfoot" and "The Deer Hunter" for another 20+ good/great films that never got produced because of the "Heaven's Gate" debacle, United Artists going out of business, and all the major production studios changing their practices.

Eh, I'm willing to let him speak for his own movies, and I actually do feel that that quote captures the essence of his movies quite well. The man himself is a real piece of work and a textbook megalomaniac. But I hardly think that him being a spendthrift on one movie changes the general substance of his oeuvre. Heaven's Gate's story was conceived and the script was written long before he ever wasted any of UA's dime. And that was a story preaching compassion across class lines. That UA execs handled the release poorly and didn't have the balls to reign Cimino in (oh my, a stubborn director who won't stop at anything to achieve his vision, how novel!) doesn't really change the substance of his work.

Thanks for watching, and for the comment. I appreciate it.

paulofilmo wrote:People should be paying you to do that.

psh, yeah right. If anything I'll get in trouble for using the clips unauthorized.

And thank you.

Svengali
1540 Ratings

Post by Svengali »

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

how to:

(original url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OONaPcZ4EAs)

Code: Select all

[YouTube]OONaPcZ4EAs[/YouTube]

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Texture

Post by paulofilmo »

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

barnabydixon. puppeteer, animator, etc. lots more on his channel.