Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mattorama12
3094 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by mattorama12 »

Bob Balaban in a period piece that looks like it might be Gosford Park? Apparently Bob Balaban was in Gosford Park, so I guess that's as good a guess as any.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Gosford Park is correct! Inspired by Curtis Armstrong hiding in plain sight I wanted to see if anyone would spot Charles Dance in the first image but nobody did it seems! I did also wonder whether background Bob Balaban would catch someone's eye and it proved to be right!

Back to you, Matt! :D

mattorama12
3094 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

philamental wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:14 pm
I wanted to see if anyone would spot Charles Dance in the first image but nobody did it seems!
Weirdly, I was just watching something within the last couple days (some contemporary tv show episode) where they were watching an old black and white and I spotted a young Charles Dance. I didn't really ever know him as an actor until Game of Thrones, so it was interesting seeing a young version of him and recognizing him. But then I missed him in your first image.

Edit: turns out it probably wasn't Charles Dance in whatever I saw based on his imdb page. So I'm doubly an idiot!

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

If you didn't really know him until GoT then you'll have fun going back and rewatching his performances in Alien 3, Last Action Hero and especially Ali G Indahouse! 😉

mattorama12
3094 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

I've seen all three of those movies, but my memory is worth almost nothing so I didn't know him by name or anything. When I first started watching GoT, I know I recognized him but I don't think I could have named anything else he was in at the time.

mattorama12
3094 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Turns out I'm not going to be able to post a new image for at least a day, so anybody else is free to take my turn in the meantime.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

mattorama12
3094 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Die Hard

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

merry christmas to you too, matt.

(note to self: next time, crop the tower more)

mattorama12
3094 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

And a merry christmas to you, too! It was the lighting more than anything. I'm sure a million other movies look the same, but that's the first that came to mind. I had just come on here to finally post from my last turn, so it worked out well that my new screencap won't go to waste.