Coolest Characters Names

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Coolest Characters Names

Post by Stewball »

My choice, unfortunately, goes to a cat--Pyewacket, from the '58 movie, Bell, Book & Candle. Yeah, I know, cats are supposed to be cool, no matter how stupid, and I tried to come up with a better choice. But while dogs may be cute, loyal and smarter than cats, they just aren't that cool. And is there a truly cool human--character or otherwise? Probably George Carlin was, but the name is pretty much boilerplate. And Eddie Murphy is pretty cool, but...."Eddie Murphy"? it just doesn't rub off on the name.

But I digress.

The category is coolest characters names. Truman Sparks was a pretty cool name, but the character was, uh, seven plugs short of a V-8. I'll stick with the stupid cat.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Re: Coolest Characters Names

Post by Luna6ix »

easily "Snake Plissken"

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I can never remember the names that catch my ear, so I think to myself,

"What's the coolest movie you've ever seen?"

The Asphalt Jungle

Sterling Hayden ... Dix Handley

Dix Handley.

Yes,

Dix Handley.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Dix Steele is better

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

come on man, nobody can beat "snake plisskin" it's simply not possible.

NathanDarko
4244 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

Bullseye!!! (Daredevil) Average Movie but Farell as Bullseye is awesome :D

miss jesus
2427 Ratings

Post by miss jesus »

Does Mystery Science Theater 3000 count? Because seriously....

http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Wellllllllllllll, yeah, they are. But don't the best names draw more on finesse and interesting use of sound rather than blunt innuendo, if you will. Snake Plissken sort of does both. Pit Plissken maybe, and his Sister Silk, which brings to mind one of the coolest names in history, Twisted Sister (for alliteration alone), but of course that's a rock group not a movie character--hmmm, but it could be. Why does Helena Bonham Carter as Marla Singer (or anybody) spring to mind?

But again, I digress.

(Tex Plissken, naw too tonguetwisty, but Tex Ritter was always cool; still, can't complete with Pyewacket. Even the spelling draws a mist. The ss in Plissken does complement Snake, however. But still....)

Oo, oo, Capt. Jack Sparrow. But...then it isn't so much without the Captain in front of it which sort of disqualifies it. I mean, what if it was Cpl. Jack Sparrow. Seewhatimean, completely different.

Gotta stick with the stupid cat.

hulot
3224 Ratings

Post by hulot »

Uh, Anton Chigurh, of course.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

WBadger wrote:Uh, Anton Chigurh, of course.

Well....um... yeah maybe, except for the fact that the character took cool over-the-top to the point of wondering if he needed anti-freeze in his arteries, cold-bloodedly executing people on the whim of a coin-toss, and making them call it. (I still wonder what he'd have done if anyone had refused.) On top of that, how can you see Chigurh and not think Sugar. It's the caprices of circumstance like those which can turn cool into something else, and in this case, I think it's fortunate and deserved. Evil has enough advantages without being associated with being cool.