Coolest Characters Names

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MacSwell
2706 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Coolest Characters Names

Post by MacSwell »

Stewball wrote:
Maaxwell wrote:Andy Kaufman plays Armageddon T. Thunderbird in In God We Trust (1980) :lol:

Now how in God's name did I miss that one, and that is a cool name. For a tie breaker, it depends on what the "T." stands for.

Reminds me somewhat of all the awesome Groucho Marx character names.

Rufus T. Firefly
Otis B. Driftwood
Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush
J. Cheever Loophole
Wolf J. Flywheel

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

Seven years later, I still vouch for Snake Plisskin.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Luna6ix wrote:Seven years later, I still vouch for Snake Plisskin.

OK, we have some continuity problems here, which brings into question whether your avatar is more real than we (I) had thought for. Kurt Russel's last appearance as Snake Plisskin was in Escape From L.A. which was in 1996--21 years ago. And if you're referring to the first one, Escape From New York, that was in 1981, (36 years ago) and since that was the original, I would have thought you would be referencing that one--but that's just me. Of course if you watched it on tape 7 years ago, you might have mentioned that, and which one, or both, you watched, and saved me from my psych eval here.

In any case, yes, it is a very cool name--although it prol'ly doesn't put the bar quite as high as Armageddon T. Thunderbird...or Pywacket. I am surprised no one has suggested Jesus H. Christ!, a character which goes back through Catcher in the Rye to before Mark Twain, I was surprised to learn on Wikipedia. How was I ever able to get along before the Internet and Wikipedia? :roll:

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Stewball wrote:
Luna6ix wrote:Seven years later, I still vouch for Snake Plisskin.

OK, we have some continuity problems here, which brings into question whether your avatar is more real than we (I) had thought for. Kurt Russel's last appearance as Snake Plisskin was in Escape From L.A. which was in 1996--21 years ago. And if you're referring to the first one, Escape From New York, that was in 1981, (36 years ago) and since that was the original, I would have thought you would be referencing that one--but that's just me. Of course if you watched it on tape 7 years ago, you might have mentioned that, and which one, or both, you watched, and saved me from my psych eval here.

The "seven years" refers to when Luna6ix first mentioned Snake in the second post in this thread back in 2010 (though it's actually nearly 8 years).

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

mattorama12 wrote:[
The "seven years" refers to when Luna6ix first mentioned Snake in the second post in this thread back in 2010 (though it's actually nearly 8 years).

OK, I'll throw that in the mix next time around. :roll:

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Maaxwell wrote:
Stewball wrote:
Maaxwell wrote:Andy Kaufman plays Armageddon T. Thunderbird in In God We Trust (1980) :lol:

Now how in God's name did I miss that one, and that is a cool name. For a tie breaker, it depends on what the "T." stands for.

Reminds me somewhat of all the awesome Groucho Marx character names.

Rufus T. Firefly
Otis B. Driftwood
Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush
J. Cheever Loophole
Wolf J. Flywheel

John Waters offered Seaweed J. Stubbs in Hairspray. He's usually good for 'em...

Francine Fishpaw
Chiclette Pryor
Mole McHenry
Bosley Gravel

PrestoBix
2376 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

Reynolds Woodcock from Phantom Thread.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Douglas Fairbanks’ drug addict detective is called Coke Ennyday in The Mystery of the Leaping Fish (1916) :lol:

Victoriouz
11562 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

Xanthippe Voorhees from Unbeakable Kimmy Schmidt

saudade
2222 Ratings

Post by saudade »

Every character Brad Dourif has ever played. Camillus Fly, Hazel Motes, Luther Lee Boggs, Doc Cochran, Billy Bibbit, ... need I go ON? Because I think I’ve already named all the cool ones.