How often do you write Mini-Reviews?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
hellboy76
6339 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How often do you write Mini-Reviews?

Post by hellboy76 »

Ditto, thanks for the list.

stuie299
1450 Ratings

Post by stuie299 »

I forget when I started but I write a mini-review for every film I watch. That said there are still a lot of films that I have no intention of reviewing unless I end up rewatching them.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

ShogunRua wrote:
edkrak wrote:Interesting, I was expecting it's some kind of 70s Hong Kong drunk kung fu hobo master.

Yeah, me too. Richardson missed his true calling.

after more than 6 years, I have decided to retire my Richardson avatar. Current pic is just a placeholder until I come up with something better. Suggestions welcome.

EDIT: I've been Lina-fied.
Last edited by TheDenizen on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Either an exploitation poster or something Godfrey Ho-related is what immediately comes to mind.

However, why can't you use the Lina Romay avatar you have on Cinemageddon? I recall it was safe for work.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

oooh yeah Lina. Lemme see if I can find that gif.

Seems appropriate, she's #2 on my list of actors who I've seen the most films starring (just 3 behind Jackie Chan), and the #1 female by a very large margin. :geek:

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

So apparently, I have written slightly under 200 reviews (191 to be exact) in just over a year, looking back at my post on November 30th, 2012. Considering I have seen 99 new movies since that time, which I automatically write reviews for, that is slow progress.

To be fair, I only have 160 movies left without a mini-review, and many of those I want to re-watch, as my memories aren't pristine.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

*cracks whip*

get to work. 8-)

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

My mini-review writing depends on few factors. I don't like forcing myself to write, so I'm waiting for reviews to spontaneously show up in my head. Sometimes they come in English, sometimes in Polish and I dump them on some forums in my native language. Depends what I have to say, Polish feels more poetic and flexible to me, while English is more straight to the point and easier to formulate short thoughts.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

every movie.

Jerky
6163 Ratings

Post by Jerky »

I used to not write anything...now I write something to use as a point of reference to let me know that I've seen a film. I watch all kinds of movies, from award winning stuff to people filming with a handy cam. After all these ratings, I honestly don't remember some of the films I've rated. Not even a single scene in some cases (usually the really boring/bad films) so writing something helps jog my memory.

On a side note, most of my "reviews" are rants or musings, rather than trying to be a proper critic. For instance, my amazing review of Troma's "Buttcrack" (which I scored 0/100):

"I will shit in Lloyd Kaufman's mouth."

Sums up the film beautifully, me thinks.