movie youre most embarrassed at having not seen

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: movie youre most embarrassed at having not seen

Post by Melvin Smif »

I think the fact that I have seen both "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More" but have yet to see "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" is not only shameful but tragic and ironic as well. I have no idea why this has not occurred, the only thing I can think of is because I refuse to watch it in widescreen which forces me to rent it or buy it. I'm laughing at myself right this minute.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Melvin Smif wrote:I think the fact that I have seen both "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More" but have yet to see "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" is not only shameful but tragic and ironic as well. I have no idea why this has not occurred, the only thing I can think of is because I refuse to watch it in widescreen which forces me to rent it or buy it. I'm laughing at myself right this minute.

Why the hell would you refuse to watch it in widescreen? Watching it fullscreen would be blasphemy.

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

Hopscotch wrote:Never figured you (or anyone else on the site really) to be a disser of the big black bar :(

I think maybe there's some confusion here. Widescreen means the original aspect ratio with black bars on top and bottom for TGTBTU. If you say "I refuse to watch it in widescreen" that means you don't want to watch it in its original composition and want to watch it cut up to a 4:3 aspect ratio.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I've never seen anything by Akira Kurosawa.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

:o jk, I hadn't either until after I joined the site... I recommend starting with Ikiru actually as it's probably the most familiar and accesible of his, that I've seen anyway, to a budding (I'm assuming here) cinema addict. Of course I'm still budding (I sometimes fall back on junk; it's terrible) so it might be better to take the PSI's word for it.

Thanks for the suggestion! Ikiru is the highest PSI of his films for me. Though that could change, because I've only rated a little over 200 movies so far, and I've seen over 1,000. (Half of it, junk from my misspent childhood)

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

ohmyhi wrote:I've never seen anything by Akira Kurosawa.

Speaking of which, I have only seen one Kurosawa film, and one Bergman film. Both are in my top 10 ever. Clearly, I have things to watch.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Speaking of which, I have only seen one Kurosawa film, and one Bergman film. Both are in my top 10 ever. Clearly, I have things to watch.

I've only seen one Bergman film as well. "The Virgin Spring". :oops:

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

The only movie that would be more thoroughly ruined than GoodBadUgg by not watching it in widescreen would be Once Upon a Time in the West.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Wow, I'm going to blame my utter idiocy on the fact that I wrote that while at work. Probably obvious to many but just in case I meant to say I refuse to watch the movie in fullscreen. Sorry folks, any responses demonizing the decision to watch it in full screen over wide screen are wholly justified.

Kokolo
482 Ratings

Post by Kokolo »

Poetry (2010) by Chang-dong Lee