Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
djross
5326 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caiman
2413 Ratings

Post by caiman »

I agree that it's hard to rate stuff I haven't seen for a long time or that I don't remember well. So I admit that some of my ratings are not entirely "accurate." For the vague ones, I typically go by a gut feeling of my recollection combined with a sense of what I would rate it if I were to re-watch it today. not very scientific, I know, but I really like being able to turn to Criticker and see a comprehensive list.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

IMDb onwards, plus a hidden collection of 'seen but not rated' films.

Exceptions: Childhood favourites/benchmark films. Maybe I wouldn't enjoy Jurassic Park, The Lion King or The Matrix today (I hope I'd still enjoy them!), but they're defining films that would misrepresent me had I given them a lower rating.

Okkervil
3631 Ratings

Post by Okkervil »

Certainly not a list of every movie I have ever seen. If I'm bored I can always sift through a few pages of Rank More Films and come across a few I've not ranked. I have also resisted ranking films I've seen, but can't remember too well, or watched with friends so wasn't paying too much attention, meaning they deserve another watch before ranking.
Some movies I simply forget about! There are several foreign language films I just can't remember the name of!!!

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Like most people, mine's a list of approximately from what I've seen from 2004 onward, excluding most of the films I saw as a child. I did rate some of the more popular ones, though, so some of my ratings are estimates, which I'm slowly trying to go back and see those films so my ratings can be completely accurate, as quite a lot has changed in those last seven years. The older childhood films I'll probably get around to watching eventually, just to see what I think of them as an adult now.

jeff_v
10346 Ratings

Post by jeff_v »

I started rating everything I'd seen on IMDb back in 1998, so when I joined Criticker I had a good-sized database of ratings to move over. There are a few movies I saw so long ago than I don't remember them well enough to rate, but the vast majority have been accounted for.

astrakhan
3762 Ratings

Post by astrakhan »

That's what I have aimed for. There are obviously going to be some gaps - childhood movies, uncompleted movies, movies I saw in a half-remembered dream. ;) But I was already keeping lists in Excel some years before Criticker, and I think I now have this site about 97% complete. That means, out of 2163 ratings, I have only failed to rate about 65 films from my life's viewing. So thank you, Criticker!

TheRealJ-Ro
1492 Ratings

Post by TheRealJ-Ro »

An inaccurate list in reality, but, as accurate as I can remember at this point.

pilgermann
1637 Ratings

Post by pilgermann »

I haven't rated every movie I've seen. There are titles I recall as having watched on TV as a kid, but I have vague memories of them. There are even some more recent ones like The Thin Red Line that I saw when it first came out on video. I remember that I enjoyed it but it's kind of a blur.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

With the exception of cartoon shorts (I've only rated a small handful), yes. I use Criticker and IMDb (and by proxy, ICheckMovies). Of course, there are a few I don't remember well enough to reliably rate (all those Planet of the Apes and Godzilla movies from my youth, for example) but I just give them a neutral rating and don't worry about it.