Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
by Devol
1140 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Post by by Devol »

Yes.

Ciel
44 Ratings

Post by Ciel »

It very well may be as I have enough sleepless nights.

matGuy3
565 Ratings

Post by matGuy3 »

I try to make it be, but of course there are always moments when I suddenly remeber a movie I saw a while back and just have completely forgotten about.

I don't count movies that I haven't watch all the way through, nor do I count movies I saw a long time ago and have half-forgotten by now.

zae
2155 Ratings

Post by zae »

I'd like it to be, but I'm not rating anything I don't remember well enough to have an opinion on.

tonydal
2322 Ratings

Post by tonydal »

It is every movie I've seen where I can remember how much I liked it (or not). That leaves out stuff I saw when I was a kid (unless obviously I have rewatched it recently, which I do do sometimes), and ones where I can barely even remember the title. Since you have to rate the stuff here, I figure I should have an opinion of it to post it.

It's been a long time since I went through everything here, but I think I just did it alphabetically (more or less)...I mean, once I'd gotten rid of all the obvious ones that I could come up with off the top of my head. And I also only count ones that I have watched all the way through...however painful it may have been sometimes. :roll: Once again I owe MST more than I can say!

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

I am trying to make it just that. I will sometimes click on an actor or director and go through all the movies to get the ones I have seen, or will just randomly go through and rate. I have found that if answered honestly I can make purchases (I never rent) of unseen movies and not feel ripped off after watching.

jess87
0 Ratings

Post by jess87 »

I have only rated a handful of the films I've watched in my life. I'm not the kind of person who will rate films that I saw many years ago, as I feel I need to re-watch them to confirm my thoughts on the film. Also, there's plenty that I don't care to see again and plenty that are forgettable.

So only films that I've seen since I made this profile will be rated here. I've decided to be a bit more liberal with my ratings and I typically don't watch films that I dislike, or feel that I am likely to dislike.

VorpalKitten
767 Ratings

Post by VorpalKitten »

Criticker is my list of 'every movie I've seen since finding Criticker' - the best I can do without an option to mark movies as watched but not rated.

SimonJones96
477 Ratings

Post by SimonJones96 »

Yeah, about a year and a half ago I created a spreadsheet that ranks every film I've ever seen. The rule always was that I can only add in films that I saw post creating the spreadsheet - anything I remembered from childhood I'd have to watch again. When I discovered criticker I copied everything from my spreadsheet over, but I don't consider my opinions before I created the spreadsheet to be reliable as it was around that time that I really started looking at films analytically rather than passively, and furthermore my memory of it would be vague.

MovieMelee
203 Ratings

Post by MovieMelee »

I am actually using Criticker along with Fllickchart to make a definitive ranking of every movie I've ever seen. I also have my own grading system that I created which helps me make a ranking for Criticker, then I use Criticker to help me formulate my ranking on Flickchart. It's complicated, but it's getting the job done. It's going to take me awhile to finish, too, as I have close to 600 movies to rank. I'll be doing this for a few months, at least.

Right now, my Criticker list is rather full, but I'm seriously going back through everything and re-rating them to make sure I have things as perfect as I can humanly get them. Wish me luck on that.

So, yes, I am using Criticker to rate every movie I've ever seen. But I also use it to give me an idea of movies I haven't seen or may want to see.