Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Gregzilla
2114 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Post by Gregzilla »

This is really just the movies I've seen in the last 4 years or so, Plus some ratings from the early 90s that I recorded back then. Unfortunately my card catalog from the early 80s got lost somewhere in time. I'm not gonna try to rate stuff on memory.

Now is a good time to rewatch those Godzilla movies. All subtitled and letterboxed. :D

jal90
845 Ratings

Post by jal90 »

I try it to be like that. However, there are always some movies (most of them are short films, but also some Spanish movies that haven't become that well-known abroad) that Criticker doesn't have yet. I use for that reason FilmAffinity as my main page, as it can also rate TV-shows, but on the other hand it has some lacks that are available to vote at Criticker (for example, the pre-1900's stuff). So they kind of complement each other and I use them both to rate everything I watch. Although of course there are some things I watched as a kid and don't know how to rate.

My rating system here is not fully developed, as I have got used to rate in a scale of 1-10. But I try to be mildly consistent.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

I've certainly been attempting it. However I'm alays findign movies I've missed, and lately I haven't been keeping up with it as much. I've spent a lot of time watching movies... :o

DavidJohnson
1131 Ratings

Post by DavidJohnson »

Everything I've seen since I started keeping track on IMDb almost 2 years ago. When I signed up, I did have to go back about 6 months of IMDb ratings and change them to a 100 scale system, which was even tough. Couldn't imagine doing it for every movie I've seen. It's a lot easier to just rate a movie right after you watch it.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Like FitFortDanga, I can't be arsed to rate the millions of Looney toons I've seen that are in the Database (I doubt it would effect my PSIs much anyways), and there are a handful of films I know I've seen but can't remember a thing about that I haven't rated....but otherwise it's pretty complete...

To that end, for the past couple of years I've made a point of adding every movie I watch that's not already in the database.

Dorkovsky
41947 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

Like most people mine is only from movies I watched since a certain time, 2008 in my case. What is strange is that I had this account for almost 2 years, with about 1200 rankings, when something in my life changed (dunno what exactly, but I was appreciating film completely differently after that) and I deleted around 800, and started over. Literally started over. I still haven't rewatched all the films that I have "seen", but mostly because I know they will be terrible. Still, until I actually sit through them again, I won't be ranking them.

overrated
5764 Ratings

Post by overrated »

I'm short by about 50-100 films that I've seen but can't remember anything specific about. Lots of children's movies (Bambi, Snow White, Land Before Time) and some forgettable stuff, like I know I once sat through Swing Kids but it's just a blank when I try to recall anything about it. A few months ago I went back and deleted a whole bunch of these. I have kind of cheated because a lot of really bad films fall into this category but I've ranked them anyway to round out my lower tiers. Now Criticker is especially useful for me because I have a whole hard drive stuffed with things I've taken from other people that I'm systematically weeding out. I don't feel so bad about deleting movies in order to free up space once I've scored them here.

Ununnilium
1257 Ratings

Post by Ununnilium »

I rate every movie I can remember well enough to have a complete opinion on. This excludes a fair amount of stuff from my childhood and a smattering of more recent stuff.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I think I have rated like 98% of movies I ever saw on here, movies I was very fond of as a child have thus I think a bit overrated rating but I dont care...

mwgerb
2074 Ratings

Post by mwgerb »

Yes, but only if you count my collection for movies I've seen but haven't rated. Currently have 798 in my official rankings, and 210 in that extra list. Mostly semi-forgotten childhood memories.