Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
lilalex666
2039 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Is Criticker your list of "Every Movie I've Ever Seen"?

Post by lilalex666 »

I wont rate something if i dont have a solid opinion on the movie. I usually either like a movie, dislike a movie, or have no desire to think of it. If it wasnt good enough to like, or bad enough to dislike, i wont rate it, cuz that probably just means its not within my taste range.
I used to buy the movie index books back in the early '00s, the ladt time I bought one was in 2011. I take differe t coloured highlighters and read them cover to cover. I find they leave a lot of independent/Canadian/obscure movies out though. So, every once in awhile i will search a specific year on imdb and go through the entire list. I keep a spread sheet on my computer of movies I have seen, want to see, and own.

P u l p
3156 Ratings

Post by P u l p »

No it's not.
I discovered Criticker recently, and i'm sure there are lots of movies i missed.
I cant remember the name of some of them.
I cant rate some of them, cuz they need rewatch.
And some of them dont even exist in Criticker's database.

rklenseth
11417 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Adding movies to the database is quite easy. I've added a few they have missed. All you need to do is have proof that it exists which you need to give them the link to the movie's IMDb.com listing anyway (there's your proof) and a poster for the movie.

cat9man
2539 Ratings

Post by cat9man »

Yes Criticker is a list of every movie I can remember ever seeing. I even brought in ratings from my Yahoo account from the 90s (when they discontinued their service) so that my database is as complete as possible, Rating every movie helps me to avoid ordering something Ive already seen. The more complete your history the more specific the recommendation.

I trust Criticker to be there when I want something customized from a virtual sample of users with my taste and devotion to film. I often see the same reviewer names pop up high on the weighted list. It feels personal.When I do I feel the recommendation is a lock.
I wont say I'm never disappointed but it is rare.

The sites like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes are good for additional insight and information about the cast but the movie ratings usually dont match my assessments. They are sites for the general public who are going out on a Friday nite date. It seems to mirror the commercial success and popularity of the movie. I like unusual films from independent or foreign filmmakers, Using Criticker has enlarged my experience to directors with a world view.

SinnerMa
782 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

"All you need to do is have proof that it exists"

Pity that "proof" is predicated on IMDB....what if something is on TMDB (ie can prove it exists) but is not on IMDB???

(aside from this "rub" Criticker is number one IMO)

PrestoBix
2376 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

On Criticker I have logged every film I have seen since January 1, 2012. I had been rating films for 5+ years before then, but I lost all the data, so I just decided to not try to redo it, and just start fresh. The benefit of that disaster is that I started keeping logs of how many times I've seen films too, so (hopefully) for the rest of my life I can check my list and say, "I have seen X Film 6 times since 01/01/2012."