Criticker for Android™ is on Google Android Market

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
chao
693 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Criticker for Android™ is on Google Android Market

Post by chao »

Hi there,

Me (chao) and my 3 friends (revivius, justww, syllalibus) developed an Android application that uses Criticker API. Please install the app. and send us your feedback. We put so much efford on this so please rank the app on market. Application is totally ads. free. You can access it from here https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mobulasoft.criticker Here is some information;

Criticker aims to match you with the people who share your taste in film most exactly. By using the Taste Compatibility Index (TCI), you can identify with whom you most agree, out of thousands. It's more than just movie recommendations: you're paired with the people whose tastes are most compatible with your own, and thus get the most accurate advice possible.

Criticker for Android™ is the official android application of the criticker.com.

Features:
· Singin, Signout and Signup
· Film information
· Search in movie names, movie summaries, persons and collections
· Create custom criterias to filter movie recommendations
· New releases
· Person information (director, writer, cast and crew)
· Imdb integration (shows more info about movies and persons in Imdb application or in imdb.com)
· Rank film and write mini review
· Wishlist management
· Film reviews
· Film rankings
· Collection films
· Criticker user information
· Random TCI generation
· Kumpels information

Availability:
· Criticker for Android™ is available worldwide in English and Turkish for now.

Note: Criticker for Android™ does not store your password it only uses its hash code.

Screenshots of the application:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

chao
693 Ratings

Re: Criticker for Android™ is on Google Android Market

Post by chao »

We did not try it on tablets that has android 3 versions. We got the crash report. We will fix this bug soon.

Android 3 version has 1.8 % distribution in all android devices (http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html). For other 98.2% devices they do not have such problem i think.

When we solve this problem we will publish a new version so please open your automatic update option for Criticker.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I'm not a religious person but there must be a God!

I was just, literally right now, cleaning up my profile to start over at Criticker. I haven't used the site in months and just yesterday I cleaned up my IMDb account too, so I could start using it for keeping track of the films I've watched. I preferred IMDb because it has its own app but now… Words can't describe how happy I am.

Seriously, thank you guys, I'm sure loads of people will appreciate the app.

Love you!

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

This looks great and just what criticker needs to get bigger.

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Guys, great work! Looks like it works fine on my galaxy tab.

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Looks great, well done. But on the minus side I will now be pushing the 2 gig data plan on my phone... ;)

chao
693 Ratings

Post by chao »

As future work we plan to add some new features on it like;
- Film sharing via mail, twitter, facebook, sms..
- Publishing film rank on facebook and twitter
- Some experimental idea about distributing films to 0 - 100 range (when you look at my films you understand what i mean all my T8 films have 85 point and i have no T5 :) )
- Some filtering features on film lists

If you have another idea to put on it please do not hesitate to contact with us (we can discuss on forum also).
We do not like ads. on applications like everyone so we do not put ads. on the app. but on About page there is a button called Donate. And you know what it is for : )

CCLZA
3806 Ratings

Post by CCLZA »

The app looks god guys, great job!

Now please make one for iOS!!!

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

It would be really cool if you guys could make this available for google TV. There was a recent update that added the android marketplace, but I think the apps have to be modified for the TV.

Shadrik
1679 Ratings

Post by Shadrik »

The app looks great and I will defenitly use it, thanks for the effort!

One thing that looks odd though is the list of kumpels that is availabe for every user. This information isn't availabe through the website (as far as I know) and it does not only show the kumpels but also people I've added as a kumpel a time ago (and deleted again) and people on the ignore list. What where your thoughts on this feature?