Describe your favourite movie-going experience of your life

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
saudade
2222 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Describe your favourite movie-going experience of your life

Post by saudade »

brickwall wrote:Can't think of a favourite necessarily but I did once attend an anniversary screening of jaws and in the theater was a child who knew jaws was a shark movie but apparently had no notion of what a shark was. Anytime ANYTHING happened he would loudly inquire "Is that a shark?!". Someone opens an umbrella; "Is that a shark?!" Hooper displays a bottle of wine; "Is that a shark?!"

Do you overreference it like I would?

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velvet Crowe
2601 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

As funny as it is, going to see WWE pay-per-views at the theatre were some of the best "movie" going experiences I've ever had. This is mostly in part because the crowd was more willing to react to what happened on screen and people weren't as inclined to be silent as they usually are with movies. It got me classic moments like "I AM TODD GRISHAM AND I AM A WEINER" or "MVP the power ranger!"

Most movie-going experiences are pretty tepid and uninteresting. The general atmosphere of the theatre is great, but going to any movie over the other is rarely any different ignoring the contents of the films themselves.

allenrankin
755 Ratings

Post by allenrankin »

Rampage, hands down. My friend recommended this movie because he thought it was hilariously bad, and naturally I had to check it out, we tend to enjoy so-bad-it's-good movies. So a group friends and I went (5 in total). We showed up later than we should have and had to split up because the theatre being so full. A friend and I had to sit in the front row on the very left side so the skew on the screen was horrendous. Now, I watched this movie in Illinois, and Midwestern audiences tend to be rather quiet in the theatre, but this was one of the few times in my experience where the audience was really engaged. There was a man behind us that would explain "HUH!" everytime anything happened. The man sitting next to him repeatedly got up and walked out and would return a few minutes later for whatever reason. Another guy's phone went off repeatedly. And my friend and I made fun of Rampage the whole time and couldn't stop laughing at the remarks from the man behind us and the audience in general. All in all, what could have been a terrible experience ended up being one of my favorites in the theatre. Had we gone to see it with a crowd that was much quieter, it wouldn't have been worth the price.

Mr.Goodkat
107 Ratings

Post by Mr.Goodkat »

My favourite "movie-going" experience (meaning to a theatre) was not my favourite experience watching a film as I've had some experiences at home greater than any at the theatre however best in theatre would have to be the opening of "Revenge Of The Sith" I was hyped and a big Star Wars fan at the time and I thought it was incredible, leading up till it I knew some characters had to die because they were absent from the originals but the fun came from seeing how and by who's hand.

Dooku's fate was spoiled on me and Mace Windu's and Grievous's were heavily hinted at but not out rightly spoilt like Dooku's, it didn't hold up as well on repeat viewing's and the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin goes on too long and gets too ridiculous but still the first time it was just pure spectacle and felt like such an event I got swept up in it same thing with Return Of The King which would be my runner up best theatre experience.