How often do you rewatch films?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mattorama12
3086 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How often do you rewatch films?

Post by mattorama12 »

philamental wrote:Aside from that, after watching a good film I'll frequently seek out and read online interviews, discussions and opinion pieces that delve into themes or technical aspects of the movie in greater detail. Then when I rewatch the film I am seeing things from a slightly different perspective and it can lead to a better appreciation second time around as I'm able to look out for things I may not have noticed the first time around. Birdman is a recent example where the second time around was a completely different experience as I had more understanding about the techniques they were using to shoot the film.

Also another really good reason to re-watch movies. My post focused mostly on comedies, but more complex films definitely benefit from re-watches for this reason. You and I are definitely on the same page on this one.

Gregzilla
2114 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How often do you rewatch films?

Post by Gregzilla »

More often than I think. I get in the mood to revisit favorites every now and then. Actually I've been re-watching some H.G. Lewis flicks lately.

I also hit up a lot of movies I've seen pre-criticker that I haven't rated yet. Some of them deserve another go, Some maybe not so much. Rabid, Zardoz and Wolfen are all cued-up for another viewing.