Your Favourite Users

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
thehynes
904 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Your Favourite Users

Post by thehynes »

CMonster wrote:
movieboy wrote:
CMonster wrote:All have 2+ TCI

My #1 TCI has 2+ TCI.

I'm guessing it might just be that a lot of my films watched are that of a generic American film goer and where I have my minimum % in common set for generating TCI's cause my top 1000 all have less than 2.0.

that's interesting - only my top 29 are sub 2.0, and only one of those is currently active. I assumed, wrongly, that'd be the same for most others. Anyone under 2.5 I regard as being fairly on my wavelength, looking through various users in that category it seems I agree on lots of films with them but then there always seem to be some big outliers in the rankings that knock things off.
I've noticed a lot of your (cmonster) reviews as you tend to be one of the closer TCI's (you're 800 and somethingth) who writes reviews for a lot of films - that and they're often very amusing

edit -
just checked and my top 10 is actually a top 21....

1st Hells Zargon - 13

2nd C Monster - 7

3rd Look Jabba - 6

Joint 4th:
Spleen - 5
xacviant - 5
billkerwin - 5

Joint 7th:
Superargo - 4
Martin Teller - 4
hellboy76 - 4
KasperL - 4
Matthew Parkinson - 4
Okkervil - 4
burkayadalig - 4
Barthalen - 4
Indyatmn - 4
Chemical404 - 4
thaklos - 4
OMGFridge - 4
astrakhan - 4
brandons - 4
kavu - 4

I tend to work down the reviews by TCI and see which grabs me. If nothing does I work down through those already starred. If that doesn't work - no soup for you!

djross
5326 Ratings

Post by djross »

movieboy wrote:
lisa- wrote:#1 djross (44)

i wish i could be this intellectual. he and his brother take turns on being my top TCI. our opinions have diverged a little bit in the last year or so, but it's also pretty clear where they diverge, so his ratings are very useful recommendations.

Who is djross's brother?

lumpnboy. And so is iqcumber.

Darren
4484 Ratings

Post by Darren »

My top 5 (not including my bro) should star some more stuff.

Loc42 3 stars
AFlickering 3 stars
dardan 2 stars
JakeAesthete 2 stars
Disconnected 2 stars

BillyShears
5497 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

BillyShears wrote:Oh Boobjuice and Paxton and Barthatatlalewne and TwinkCinema you're so strong.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

friday sighday

Post by paulofilmo »

i imagine someone like gregnog

i miss hank.

or someone masquerading as a spambot

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

Stars Given
#1 - theficionado - 59 stars
#2 - kubricksucks - 29 stars
#3 - undinum - 26 stars
#4 - JakeAesthete - 24 stars
#5 - rosenritter - 22 stars
#6 - karamazov. - 18 stars
#7 - schnofel - 14 stars
#8 - Seethruskin - 11 stars
#9 - Tomhet - 11 stars
#10 - Judge Holden - 10 stars
#11 - Mentaculus - 10 stars
#12 - djross - 7 stars
#13 - loc42 - 7 stars
#14 - lisa- - 7 stars
#15 - felipelahm - 6 stars
#16 - lumpnboy - 6 stars
#17 - paulofilmo - 6 stars
#18 - overrated - 5 stars
#19 - Darren - 5 stars
#20 - sidehacker - 5 stars

that's actually a pretty damn great list of users i gotta say, all pretty insightful people. i know or know of a handful of them from outside this site and have chatted with a few others.

there are also a lot of fascinating people on this site who don't write enough here (and often write elsewhere), i.e....
loosecanons (most letterboxd users will recognise him as rembrandt q pumpernickel, very fascinating dude - EDIT: this is ghostdinosaur sorry, anhonestmess is rembrandt q pumpernickel. both worth tracking anyhow.)
chaw (walter chaw from filmfreakcentral, a big reason why i got into film criticism in the first place)
winds (over 5000 ratings and their taste stands out as original)
elixir (uber knowledgeable, big rivette and garrel fanboy)
MagmaDiver (kishinev on RYM, jade_vine elsewhere, everyone's worst TCI haha, great knowledge of obscure stuff though)
roujin (ninjavvself on RYM, big bollywood fan among other things)
jewellrunner (seems quite similar to jakeaesthete and sidehacker)
cardsos01 (writes great stuff on RYM, the type who loves SHOWGIRLS and INLAND EMPIRE)
paah (big fan of stuff like GUMMO, LAST CHANTS..., FIRE WALK WITH ME and MS.45)
willow (willow catelyn on letterboxd, lots of unexpected and intriguing ratings)
I.L. (another singular specimen, big edward yang fan)
mattburgess (should be well known already as he writes a lot and is the site's foremost purveyor of trashy genre cinema)
Edson Abas (extremely gay taste, i hope he takes that as the compliment i intend it as. another SHOWGIRLS/hartley/korine type)
maxcoombes (nostalghia on RYM, carpenter and michael mann fanboy, only joined recently, writes good stuff on RYM/letterboxd)
irrelephant (MAUVAIS SANG, FEMME FATALE, GUMMO and HENRY FOOL among his 100s)
NilbogSavant (MAUVAIS SANG and MY DARLING CLEMENTINE his two 100s, EDWARD MUNCH and THE WAYWARD CLOUD his two 99s)
johnatanjj (just look at those 100s, man. no one else like him.)
GrimsChild (over 5000 ratings, his only two 100s are the wire and love exposure, extREMEly distinctive and likely large TCI heh, a little similar to loosecanons above)
TheWizard (vulgar auteurist type like felipelahm, i like to keep a couple of those around as they can unearth gems)
Theodora (JEANNE DIELMAN, ...PETRA VON KANT and CELINE & JULIE... among her few 100s)
boxgod (SANS SOLEIL and CELINE & JULIE GO BOATING their top 2 ratings)
wokelstein (alex jackson, fascinating critic once of filmfreakcentral, quit the industry to become a social worker i believe)
Mike D'Angelo (somewhat uh... divisive critic heh. we disagree a lot but i like his honesty)
Mango (again just look at that 10th tier, i've hardly seen any of them. treasure trove for pre-WWII cinema.)
biblioklept (100s are BLOW UP, STILL LIFE, JEANNE DIELMAN, 2 OR 3 THINGS... and VIRGIN STRIPPED BARE...)
JerryJ (another where i haven't seen many 100s, but those i have seen are a fascinating mixture)
maborosi (2500 ratings or so, HANA-BI their fav film, uber unusual)
frg (similar to undinum/jjjames, which can only be a good thing)
drylandcroc (another oddball, ANDREI RUBLEV their fav film but some unexpected stuff follows it up)
Bandy (his 11 100s include NAKED and CHINATOWN but also SHERMAN'S MARCH, VISITOR OF A MUSEUM and a few things i've never even heard of)
lucbapt (experimental cinema types will wanna kump this guy, the type who loves brakhage and ZORN'S LEMMA)

just thought i'd point these out as they're still valued+distinctive kumps despite not being notable for reviews, and a lot of people won't have noticed them. some of them have huuuuge TCIs for me but it doesn't matter, always interested in their unique viewpoint. you can tell i spend too much time on this site haha, i probably forgot some people but i have 145 kumps and i've gone on long enough as it is. oh, and i recommend adding the people from the top list too, inc. lesser known users like rosenritter, schnofel and mentaculus - they're great.