Your Favourite Users

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
djross
5318 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Your Favourite Users

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suture Self
2704 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

djross wrote:
Suture Self wrote:djross...

Whilst your compliments seem rather back-handed, I promise to do my utmost to accept them with grace. So thank you.

Let's just say I think you're handsome and smart and I'd love to go out to dinner with you, but I have no idea what to expect in bed, and I'm not so sure if I'm ready for long-term commitment.

Suture Self
2704 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

I have a hard time recreating my tone on an internet message board. If I were to have said everything I wrote in person, it would be obvious I'm flirting with you.

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Not necessarily my favorites but this is the list of my top 10 in stars handed out:

#1 - frederic_g54
#2 - doctor7
#3 - Luna6ix
#4 - BillyShears
#5 - luc
#6 - QVT
#7 - gtown1479
#8 - ShogunRua
#9 - somnivore
#10 - Ytadel

Suture Self wrote:djross, we like your writing precisely because it is harsh and authoritative.

If this were true you would have people who are harsh and authoritative on your fav users more often. The truth is you like him because it's harsh, authoritative and you agree with it. If you only liked harsh and authoratative Shogun would be on your list. Now kiss

BillyShears wrote:Whatever comes out of my stupid head is my favourite.

Lies

BillyShears has given stars to 168 of your mini-reviews :mrgreen:

Suture Self
2704 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

djross wrote:
Suture Self wrote:djross, [...] you occasionally categorize, particularly when you call one generation or another "infantilized". [...] my two favorite reviews of yours this year are your reviews of TOMORROWLAND and MAD MAX: FURY ROAD.

Strange, because the TOMORROWLAND review is where I mention generations infantilised by blockbusters.

I think both reviews are well written and representative of your movie-watching philosophy. a philosophy that I don't necessarily share, but a philosophy I find thought provoking nonetheless. I suppose what I'm getting at is that I find it easy to respectfully disagree with you, whereas other users I disagree with illicit in me a more vile or vomit-inducing reaction.

Moribunny is another user that writes reviews I frequently disagree with but still deeply respect on account of his well-reasoned and thoughtful comments.

Suture Self
2704 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket wrote:
Suture Self wrote:djross, we like your writing precisely because it is harsh and authoritative.

If this were true you would have people who are harsh and authoritative on your fav users more often. The truth is you like him because it's harsh, authoritative and you agree with it. If you only liked harsh and authoratative Shogun would be on your list. Now kiss
This isn't true, because I've starred several ShogunRua reviews (apparently he's my 14th most starred reviewer). In fact, his reviews are sometimes quite good, although I will admit we usually don't see eye to eye.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Suture Self wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:

This isn't true, because I've starred several ShogunRua reviews. In fact, his reviews are sometimes quite good, although I will admit we usually don't see eye to eye.

Are you flirting with me atm

Suture Self
2704 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket wrote:Are you flirting with me atm

No. I have flirted with you in the past, but you've never reciprocated and instead you preferred to either ignore me or continue arguing. I've learned my lesson.

Suture Self
2704 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

One of my favorite reviews is Judge Holden's review of the 1937 film MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW:

Judge Holden wrote:The elderly, with their wandering, confused minds and putrid, pre-corpse smell, are stark reminders of our own mortality and of the meaninglessness of existence. Old age homes should not exist. Once their transformation from human being into symbol of decay is complete, they should be buried alive, as part of a community ritual, to purge and conquer this existential anxiety.

Since I've lived in Florida most of my life, this review is particularly relevant to me.