Your Favourite Users

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
QuinlanLJ
820 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Your Favourite Users

Post by QuinlanLJ »

I haven't been on this site long enough to sumble upon any great reviewers, so I only gave out 4 stars.

#1 - martryn - 2 stars
Splice - "Movie was retarded, and I ended up hating the main characters. However, it is something I could easily jerk off to. That might make me weird, but sexy alien mutant chick was sexy. And gets naked. And is kinda underaged, so... forbidden fruit? *shrug*"

#2 - Leonardis - 1 stars
#3 - aney - 1 stars

I dunno, I just laughed at that review by martyn. Maybe I'm a bit immature, but hey, what can I do?

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I'm fairly stingy with stars, I don't know why, but ranking by how many I've given is probably unfair considering that, so I'll just throw out some of my kumpels. People I disagree with the most Bojangles, Shogun, Kojiless thehynes. All have 2+ TCI and write reviews I enjoy. Kojiless is one of 2 people I have starred the most by a pretty significant margin. I also really enjoy some of the bizarre reviews Shogun has, like when be breaks down A Bug's Life for not being accurate with the animal kingdom.

epw805, hellboy, jmarksthespot, and sir stuckey have the closest TCIs that I follow. jmarksthespot is someone I'm actually friends with, so his reviews have a certain level of bias, he is the one other than Kojiless who has earned a significant amount of stars from me. The others pretty commonly write reviews, some funny, some not, and are a decent barometer for if I will like a film.

The Denizen, cagedwisdom, Barthalen, overrated, Paxton, mattorama, DavidBlast, and Okkervil all fall into middling TCI's and write reviews I like.

I'm also a moron so you probably should just ignore all these users.
Last edited by CMonster on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Flattered to be mentioned a few times here. :)

My fave reviewers based on # stars given are, in order: ShogunRua, Kojiless, BillyShears, begoniabol and Okkervil

I don't always agree with all their views, but their reviews are consistently worth reading.

BillyShears
5493 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

Phew, you're alive.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Paxton wrote:
Opinions are simply too varied. I bonded with a coworker when he shocked me by listing Kentucky Fried Movie as his favorite film. I knew instantly we were going to be friends. Next movie he recommended me was Grown Ups 2. Oh well. If it has moving pictures, this guy pretty much likes it. Now I know.

And that day you may have learned that people bond, not over what they love, but what they hate.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

BillyShears wrote:Phew, you're alive.

:lol: been trapped in the timesink that is Fallout 4 for weeks.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

CMonster wrote:I'm fairly stingy with stars, I don't know why, but ranking by how many I've given is probably unfair considering that, so I'll just throw out some of my kumpels. People I disagree with the most Bojangles, Shogun, Kojiless thehynes. All have 2+ TCI and write reviews I enjoy.

Amusingly, you're my 26th best TCI.

CMonster wrote:jmarksthespot is someone I'm actually friends with, so his reviews have a certain level of bias, he is the one other than Kojiless who has earned a significant amount of stars from me.

I like jmarksthespot too, though he rarely writes reviews.

TheDenizen wrote:been trapped in the timesink that is Fallout 4 for weeks.

I know you play new games, but if I had to list the potential reasons why you had been around less recently, that wouldn't have cracked the top 10. Welcome back.

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

movieboy wrote:
CMonster wrote:All have 2+ TCI

My #1 TCI has 2+ TCI.

I'm guessing it might just be that a lot of my films watched are that of a generic American film goer and where I have my minimum % in common set for generating TCI's cause my top 1000 all have less than 2.0.

SirStuckey
2880 Ratings

Post by SirStuckey »

CMonster wrote:epw805, hellboy, jmarksthespot, and sir stuckey have the closest TCIs that I follow. jmarksthespot is someone I'm actually friends with, so his reviews have a certain level of bias, he is the one other than Kojiless who has earned a significant amount of stars from me. The others pretty commonly write reviews, some funny, some not, and are a decent barometer for if I will like a film.

Yessssssssssssssssssss!

CMonster wrote:I'm also a moron so you probably should just ignore all these users.

Wait...

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

I,like many others, suck ass at giving out stars.

#1 - Kojiless - 21 stars

Always amusing.

#2 - ShogunRua - 19 stars

Shogun said it best with the like/hate. I don't always agree, but they are always well thought out and interesting.

#3 - BillyShears - 16 stars

Highly Entertaining.

#4 - Pickpocket - 16 stars

A good mix of humor and insight.

#5 - MartinTeller - 15 stars

Not even sure he reviews any more?

I enjoy many others too frequent to name, many of which are on this thread. I vow to get better at divvying out props.