Your Favourite Users

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
dardan
1637 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Your Favourite Users

Post by dardan »

Pickpocket, congatulations on 3000 rankings and on not being able to use the word cuck to descibe Suture Self's conflictive comments to djross anymore. Suture, you fail hard at trying to protect feelings (of someone who doesn't need them to be protected (did you just make a criticism sandwich?)) while being critical of that person by giving them compliments. Like, ironically, djross is the infantile person he makes many others out to be.

Lets cut the crap and accept that

#4 - Luna6ix - 12 stars
Just straight up gives his opinion on what worked and what didn't. No longer on the site. I'm hoping he's not dead.

users leaving without letting us know in their bio how to contact them or if they are still alive is annoying.

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

I am also a big fan of BoobJuice's reviews and I wish she was still with us. She's reviewed a painfully small number of movies, but she almost always makes me laugh.

On LABYRINTH:
BoobJuice wrote:A film that sexualizes David Bowie as an infant-stealing goblin in tights. In other words, a perfect film.

On WATERWORLD:
BoobJuice wrote:This got universally panned; everybody thinks it's stupid (for good reason), so what is there to say that hasn't been said? Well, there's this: Kevin Costner is my real father. I was conceived on the set of this film when Costner bedded a dolphin. Right now I am clumsily pounding this keypad with my cumbersome fins. Of course, none of that is true, but nobody's ever said it.

On DEATH TO SMOOCHY:
BoobJuice wrote:Poorly executed. The idea was there, but Robin Williams just chews scenery like he's on a bulimia binge.

BoobJuice, please come back. I miss you.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I like Paxton and Barthalen, both who frequently offer reviews I find very funny. My favourite of each:

Paxton: Top Gun
"I am honestly mystified by all the reviews on here calling this homoerotic. Nobody talks about how amazingly badass it is! I watched it in skin tight jeans and a cutoff tank top while drinking a fuzzy navel and I didn't think it was gay."

Barthalen: Kingpin
"Much like life itself, Bill Murray's the best thing in it."

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Dardan wrote: Suture, you fail hard at trying to protect feelings (of someone who doesn't need them to be protected (did you just make a criticism sandwich?)) while being critical of that person by giving them compliments.

I should probably cut this out but for whatever reason this is always how I've responded to djross. He brings it out of me. I apologize. I'm guilty. Please forgive me. :>

Anyway, my top starred reviewers are:

- Alex Watkins (friend, gets stars so I can make him feel better about living in Kansas)
- Judge Holden (also a friend, gets stars so I can make him feel better about living in Canada)
- Nathan S (also a friend, gets stars so I can make him feel better about living in Oklahoma)
- djross (already talked enough about this dude)
- Moribunny (talked a little about him already)
- Lisa- (she's cool and I like her lack of punctuation. she's punk rock)
- JooJoo (old friend, don't talk to him anymore. I wish he would write reviews again. instead, he's gone awol, and submits a wordless score)
- BoobJuice

I have this problem where I read a review, nod my head in agreement, and don't star it. I should probably star more reviews. I have a habit of forgetting it's a thing to do here.

dardan
1637 Ratings

Post by dardan »

Suture Self wrote:I have this problem where I read a review, nod my head in agreement, and don't star it. I should probably star more reviews. I have a habit of forgetting it's a thing to do here.

How many stars have you given?

I have given 461 stars to 300 reviews by 187 users and received 32 stars on 27 reviews from 21 users. I'm pretty generous with my stars :).

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Dardan wrote:
Suture Self wrote:I have this problem where I read a review, nod my head in agreement, and don't star it. I should probably star more reviews. I have a habit of forgetting it's a thing to do here.

I have given 461 stars to 300 reviews by 187 users and received 32 stars on 27 reviews from 21 users. I'm pretty generous with my stars :).

Considering I've been on this site for close to a decade, probably not that many: You've given 826 stars to 613 reviews by 195 users.

I'll make sure to be more generous this year. New year, new me, more stars.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Dardan wrote:

You've given 3190 stars to 1511 reviews by 671 users

You've received 4160 stars on 1676 reviews from 445 users

get at me fam

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Maaxwell wrote:I like Paxton and Barthalen, both who frequently offer reviews I find very funny.

I was surprised it took this long for someone to mention Barthalen, he is seriously hilarious.
Snake Eyes:
Barthalen wrote:Crazy Cage puts a woman who wears progressively less clothes throughout the movie in a closet and gets a medal for it. The climax consists of two men taking five minutes to walk down a hall to open said closet, while a lady reports the weather outside. Hoo boy. Cheesy, pulpy, but I had fun. Great camerawork and an amusing cast, but it kinda feels like the instant noodles of thrillers. What I mean by that is th-[*is shot from off-screen*]

Velvet Crowe
2622 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

I'm not very generous when it comes to giving out stars. Sometimes I might give something a star if I really liked their review or they made me laugh, but that's about it. I've mostly given stars to Shogun and Barthalen, which humorously enough, are probably two people who've given me the most stars.

BillyShears
5497 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

Oh Boobjuice and Paxton and Barthatatlalewne and TwinkCinema you're so strong.