Awful child performances

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MacSwell
2706 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Awful child performances

Post by MacSwell »

We've had a topic about the best child performances before, but what are people's least favourites?

Aside from possibly the most obvious - Anakin in Star Wars Episode 1 - mine has to be the kid from The Mummy Returns. I fucking hate him.

Special mention also goes to the little girl in Transformers who asks Ironhide if he's the Tooth Fairy. Worst Michael Bay moment ever (and that's saying something).

BillyShears
5493 Ratings

Re: Awful child performances

Post by BillyShears »

The be all and end all is Courtland Mead in The Shining mini-series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBPQ5VTb6o

martryn
1993 Ratings

Post by martryn »

Eric Lloyd from the Santa Claus films with Tim Allen. In the first one he gets a pass for being young, but when he attempts to portray teen angst? I'm embarrassed for him.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Haley Joel Osment in ANYTHING

dardan
1636 Ratings

Post by dardan »

The performance of the kid in A.I. Artificial Intellgence is one of the worst, most robot-like (pun intended) I have ever seen.

Snobyeti
112 Ratings

Post by Snobyeti »

dardan wrote:The performance of the kid in A.I. Artificial Intellgence is one of the worst, most robot-like (pun intended) I have ever seen.

Wouldn't that, then, make his performance exceptional?

frederic_g54
3006 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

Jonathan Ke Quan in Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom. Not as insufferable as Capshaw, but pretty damn annoying.

*Looks straight at the camera at 0:05* :lol:

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

frederic_g54 wrote:Jonathan Ke Quan in Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom. Not as insufferable as Capshaw, but pretty damn annoying.

I know I'm in the minority, but I always liked Short Round. I do hate lines like "Feels like I step on fortune cookie!" though.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Judah Nelson in Anchorman 2

Yeah it's a comedy but he delivers every line like he's blind, looking off screen at someone or something instead of at the actor he's supposed to be speaking to. He gets a few decent lines too but makes very little of them. He's more shit than annoying to be fair, although how shit he is, is pretty annoying all the same.

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Man for some reason I watched The Visit. I spent the entire movie hoping the young blonde kid would end up murdered.