edkrak's 3000 aka Make me watch that movie!

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
edkrak
3745 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: edkrak's 3000 aka Make me watch that movie!

Post by edkrak »

Alright 20-film limit was reached. Now it's time for the pain. :twisted: ...Or not, many of the choices actually look quite interesting.

philamental wrote:You've rated The Raid: Redemption, but not

The Raid 2 (2014)

which suggests it has been a conscious choice for you not to watch it. So seeing as you openly suggested we could force you to watch a film, that's my selection as it's one of my favourites :twisted:

Your suggestion was 21st, so you're a bit late to the game. :lol:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

edkrak wrote:Alright 20-film limit was reached. Now it's time for the pain. :twisted: ...Or not, many of the choices actually look quite interesting.

philamental wrote:You've rated The Raid: Redemption, but not

The Raid 2 (2014)

which suggests it has been a conscious choice for you not to watch it. So seeing as you openly suggested we could force you to watch a film, that's my selection as it's one of my favourites :twisted:

Your suggestion was 21st, so you're a bit late to the game. :lol:

Well played, sir! ;)

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Numbers 13 & 14 are the same movie... maybe you could squeeze The Raid 2 in after all.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Maaxwell wrote:Numbers 13 & 14 are the same movie... maybe you could squeeze The Raid 2 in after all.

Very well spotted!

I think from the sounds of things he'd prefer to watch Winter Light twice instead, however it does seem edkrak has been 'hoist with his own petard' here. If he keeps to the rules he outlined for himself, The Raid 2 would seemingly move up from 21st to 20th, which means I can go back to feeling :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rklenseth
11480 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

3012. Deadfall (1993)

Did someone really suggest this?

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

philamental wrote:
Maaxwell wrote:Numbers 13 & 14 are the same movie... maybe you could squeeze The Raid 2 in after all.

Very well spotted!

I think from the sounds of things he'd prefer to watch Winter Light twice instead, however it does seem edkrak has been 'hoist with his own petard' here. If he keeps to the rules he outlined for himself, The Raid 2 would seemingly move up from 21st to 20th, which means I can go back to feeling :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh damn! Looks like I need to work on my treachery skills a bit more. :lol:
Well, so Raid 2 it is. Still, don't be too proud of yourself philamental, I gave 6/10 to the 1st part. So it's not like I expect 2nd to be painful to watch. I'm actually more scared of lisa's choices. :D

90sCoffee
2243 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

You know ou don't have to watch a movie longer than 150 minutes all at once right? If you watch 30-40 minutes a day then you can finish a 3 hour movie within 4-6 days.

You'll also notice that longer films tend to have good reviews compared to short 90 minuters.

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

zopz wrote:Wish I'd seen this earlier to make you watch something crappy. :/

Last time you've tried it I actually liked your rec and now you're late to the game. You need to up your game fella! :lol:

KalltKaffe wrote:You know ou don't have to watch a movie longer than 150 minutes all at once right? If you watch 30-40 minutes a day then you can finish a 3 hour movie within 4-6 days.

You'll also notice that longer films tend to have good reviews compared to short 90 minuters.

Yeah I like to watch longer films once in a while, but I didn't want to risk being forced to watch Modern Times Together or something similar.

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

Ok, let the games begin!

MMWTM3K#01
Wake in Fright (1971)
That's a nice build up here - with every glass one step closer to beer madness. I also really liked how unlikable was the main character. What a pompous prick who thinks he's better than anybody there, but he's not really any different. Oh and Donald Pleasance is fantastic here and fits his role perfectly.
Score: 70 (T7)

MMWTM3K#02
The Conversation (1974)
Love this film's pace. I expected way more classical Hitchcock-style thriller at first, but after the end I've realized that this simple (yet elusive) crime mystery is just a pretext to show Harry's paranoiac guilt trip. I'm a bit bothered by the incostencies of his character - he's all scary pants in bed with his girlfriend, but he has no problem making a party in his room full of secret tapes? He's no. 1 expert in his field but get's easily played with pen trick? Still a great experience though.
Score: 90 (T10)

Should I treat those starting films as cuationary tales? Are John's and Harry's descents into hell a prediction what is about to happen to me on this cinematic journey? How much of all films and no play makes edkrak a dull boy? Tune in for the next episode of MMWTM3K to find out!
:twisted:

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

MMWTM3K#03
Paper Moon (1973)
Wow, that's a nice surprise! It didn't sound like my kind of movie at all, but it was so greatly written and acted that it was a joy to watch. Somehow in huge part it feels like a sexless and lustless version of Nabokov's "Lolita".
Score: 80 (T9)