Image Game Tournament 2017 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2017 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

2 correct answers for image 2

I have also updated the earlier post with the scores for Round 20. I believe them to be correct, but if you all could check your score and contact me if there are any errors, thanks.

Round 21 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

5 correct answers and 1 incorrect guess for image 3

Round 21 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

1 more correct answer to close the round. The answer was Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)

4 pts - snallygaster
3 pts - vinegarbob, bojangles
2 pts - maaxwell, bowfinger, cet1412, 3dRevelation, auhasarderik
1 pt - mattorama12

again it was 4-0 in the base battle score, with double points and one incorrect answer that's another heavy Rebel 8-1 victory for the round. The overall score is now Images 67 - Rebels 75 ... with only one round left it's surely all over ... but ....

That's right ... our deflector shields are now operational ... you Rebels can no longer score points! And it gets worse, every incorrect answer is now worth two points to the Empire's army of Images! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Damn right it is! You didn't think I would let you win that easily did you? :twisted: Here's the full low down of how the tournament ends

Round 22 begins now. Individual players still score leaderboard points as normal, but no Rebel points can be scored in this final round. Zero correct answers for an image will still result in 1 point for the Images, incorrect guesses now results in 2 points for the bad guys. The Rebels lead by 8 points. They can still win. The new scoring system applied to the last three rounds would have resulted in an average of 4 points for the Empire which would not be enough for a win. However a flurry of incorrect answers from players seeking to rise up the individual leaderboard would be enough to bring down the Rebellion. On that note, I have just looked at the up to date leaderboard, and I can see that every player is just one point behind the guy in front of them so you should really go for it and try to pick up as many points as you can in the last round even if it means making wild guesses! ;) Also don't forget the final Bonus Round tonight.

Here's the end of tournament timetable. (all times are in GMT and approximate)

10am 31st Jan (now) - R22 Image 1
6pm 31st Jan - R22 Image 2
10pm 31st Jan - Bonus Round 8
10am 1st Feb - R22 Image 3
6pm 1st Feb - R22 Image 4
10pm 1st Feb - R22 Round scoring, Overall Battle Result, Final Tournament Leaderboard

Let the final battle commence!

Round 22 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Only 1 correct answer. Looks like all you Rebel scum are too scared to play because you know you'll lose to my superior intellect if you do! :twisted:

Round 22 Image 2

BillyPuppet
7 Ratings

Post by BillyPuppet »

*****BONUS ROUND 8*****

and as my last bonus round of the tournament, I'd like to give you an easy one ... or perhaps I'm saying this to lull you into a false sense of security? That is for you to decide ....

The future of Law Enforcement, Robocop, but which of his cinematic efforts is this taken from?

A) Robocop (1987)

B) Robocop 2 (1990)

C) Robocop 3 (1993)

D) Robocop (2014)

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

***Bonus Round Conclusion***

The answer was A) Robocop (1987)

Correct - bowfinger, vinegarbob, cet1412, snallygaster, victoriouz, dunbar, 3dRevelation, mattorama12, auhasarderik, igormachete, CMonster

Incorrect - Maaxwell, brickwall

***Round 22 Resumes***

There was one more correct answer for Image 2. All the other Rebels are still too chicken to guess cause they are scared of the Empire!

Round 22 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Three more correct answers for Image 3. That's a total of 5 guesses so far ... 5 out of about 20 active players ... jeez you Rebels are a bunch of chicken s*** losers! "oh I'm too scared to guess this really obvious movie because Darth Phil might score a teeny weeny point if I'm wrong!" Grow a pair you scruffy nerf herders! :P

*ahem* ...

... so without further ado, here is the final image of the Image Game Tournament 2017 ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Round 22 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

and we finish with 3 correct answers for the round which was Gattaca (1997)

4 pts - auhasarderik
3 pts - bowfinger
2 pts - CMonster, cet1412, brickwall, 3drevelation
1 pt - igormachete, mattorama12, vinegarbob

As for the battle, with no ability to score points themselves the Rebels defended resolutely to shut out the Empire completely meaning they triumph over evil with a final overall score of Images 67 - Rebels 75 :cry:

Image Game Tournament 2017 Final Leaderboard
1st snallygaster 65
2nd cet1412 58
3rd brickwall 55
4th bowfinger 54
5th Maaxwell 44
6th igormachete 42
7th Vinegarbob 40
8th auhasarderik 36
9th 3dRevelation 33
10th mattorama12 32

11th dunbar 28
12th= Victoriouz 27
12th= bojangles 27
14th CMonster 25
15th KasperL 17
16th cosmicmonkey 14
17th detox 13
18th rklenseth 9
19th astrakhan 8
20th OMGFridge 6
21st joeroxy 4

Congratulations to Snallygaster for an impressive and emphatic run-in where he repeatedly nailed 4 pt images which saw him emerge as the clear overall victor for the tournament! cet1412 takes 2nd place at the death, with brickwall finishing in the bronze medal position. When we last looked at the battle to finish in the Top 10, those from 8th to 13th were closely competing but in the end auhasarderik and 3dRevelation held their status, while mattorama12 managed to sneak in to and round out the Top 10. Well done to all the Top 10 finishers! :)

At this point in time there is only one appropriate image to post for this occasion. Well done, Rebels! Well done all!

So that's it! I want to thank all of you for playing and buying into the spirit of both the star wars theme and the tournament itself. It made it fun for me and I hope you all enjoyed the challenge of the last few weeks. :)

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and burn my eyes out so I don't have to look at another image for a long long time! ;)
Last edited by philamental on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

Great job Phil, and congratulations snallygaster!

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »