Image Game Tournament 2017 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
BillyPuppet
7 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2017 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by BillyPuppet »

Billy The Puppet: I want to play a game ...

Darth Philamental: Hey Swirly cheeks! Did you not read the rules? No posting in the main thread. This is my show, so f*** off out of here!

BTP: I want to play a game ...

DP: Wait a sec ... you’re that creepy puppet dude from the Saw franchise who delivers messages to those pathetic losers before disemboweling them hilariously in some over complicated trap. I like your style, pal, but what are you doing here?

DP: So you said, but we’re already playing a game here and I don’t really want you joining the other side, so what had you in mind?

DP: Say that one more f**king time and so help me god ... I’ll use the force!

BTP: Ok, ok ... I’ve been watching your battle with those Rebel Goody Two Shoes and couldn’t help thinking they are a cocky bunch who need to be taken down a peg or two. So instead of presenting them with obscure images from a movie they need to identify, I will present them with images that everyone immediately recognises ...

DP: ... that sounds stupid ...

BTP: ... you didn’t let me finish ... the image will be so recognizable it could be from a number of different films, but only one is correct!

DP: Aha! I’m starting to see how this devious game will work and I like it! You know what, I'm going to include this in the tournament as a bonus round!

BTP: I will present a recognizable image to your players as well as a multiple choice of possible answers. They must choose the right one. A correct answer is worth 3 points to the player ... An incorrect answer will result 3 points being deducted! The bonus round is open to all players ... BUT ...

DP: ... ooh I like big BUTs ... *sings quietly to himself* ... and I cannot lie ...

BTP: The current Top 10 players MUST play the bonus round. If they do not they will lose 3 points.

DP: Nasty! I like it a lot!

So here’s how it’s going to work, you Rebel scum! Billy is going to show up every Saturday and Tuesday at 10pm GMT. His image will be the only one in play for that window. The regular rounds will pause and then resume when the bonus round is complete at 10am GMT the following morning. The bonus rounds will not impact the Images vs Rebels score, as ... well ... I’m going to put my feet up and have a cup of coffee while Billy’s messing with your minds! If you've made the top 10 on the Saturday, you MUST play the next two bonus rounds. If you're not in the top 10, you can choose to play the bonus round or not play.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

No activity for the last image

That was the infamous The Holy Mountain (1973) which will serve as a warning that not every round will be a well liked classic.

EDIT - A Player messaged me right as the window closed which I'm happy to allow and so I edit the original post as follows

4 pts -
3 pts -
2 pts - brickwall, bowfinger, igormachete, cet1412, dunbar, snallygaster
1 pts - Vinegarbob

Another 2 - 2 tie (no incorrect answers) so it's now Images 14 - Rebels 14

As we start Round 6, a reminder that Billy The Puppet's Bonus Round will be next so Round 6 will pause and resume after the Bonus Round Window closes (10am GMT)

Round 6 Image 1

BillyPuppet
7 Ratings

Post by BillyPuppet »

*******BONUS ROUND*******

I want to play a game ...

*Darth Phil shouts from his couch* What did I tell you?? Don't make me use the force ...

The character in this next image is immediately recognisable, but from what specific movie is it taken? All players can take the opportunity to play this round (including those who have yet to score). A correct answer will be rewarded with 3 points, but an incorrect answer will result in 3 points taken away. The Leaderboard top 10 MUST PLAY or they will lose 3 points automatically ...

Answers must be submitted with clarity. Any uncertainty will be treated as being incorrect. All answers should be submitted to Darth Phil via Direct/Personal Message. You have until 10am GMT to play

Bonus Round 1

This is clearly the Marvel character Iron Man but from which movie?

Is it ....

A ... Iron Man (2008)

B ... Iron Man 2 (2010)

C ... Iron Man 3 (2013)

D ... The Avengers (AKA Marvel Avengers Assemble) (2012)

Only one answer is correct. Which one is it?

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ok, so that's the first bonus round

EDIT 9th Jan - Bonus Round answer was (B) Iron Man 2

Everybody navigated it safely, with one exception (I won't publicly shame you ;) ) , however one of the top 10 didn't submit an answer. Technically that's an auto fail but as this is new and I sprung it on you guys yesterday I'll give them another few hours in case they didn't even know about the bonus round and how it worked. I won't formally reveal the answer until then, so for now we return to Round 6 ...

There were two correct answers and three incorrect guesses after Image 1. Surprisingly to myself two of the incorrect guesses went for the same film, so there is clearly a very similar scene in that one. That wasn't an intentional trap on my part, but I'll take it! :twisted:

Round 6 Image 2
Last edited by philamental on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

2 correct answers that time so that's 4 in total for this round

Round 6 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

*for the sharp ones out there, yes I did post this accidentally 10 mins early before deleting*

8! count em ... 8! correct answers for that image.

Here's the final image ... I probably should have reversed image 3 and 4 from the looks of things ...

Round 6 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Another 3 correct answers which brings the total to 15 for that round which is practically everyone who has played in the tournament. Impressive, but it means I'm taking it too easy on you chumps which is something I'll have to address ;)

The answer was of course The Green Mile (1999)

4 pts - Maaxwell, dunbar
3 pts - Vinegarbob, Snallygaster
2 pts - brickwall, bowfinger, igormachete, cet1412, 3dRevelation, mattorama12, cosmicmonkey, auhasarderik
1 pt - KasperL, rklenseth, Victoriouz, bojangles

The battle score was a 4-0 sweep for the Rebels for the round, but there were also 3 incorrect answers so that makes it only a 4-3 Rebel win in the end. The Rebels now edge back in front with the overall score at Images 17 - Rebels 18 .... boooo! :evil:

Officially the Bonus Round is now closed so I can confirm the answer was (B) Iron Man 2 and just about everybody got that.

So after that easy round, let's try this one ...

Round 7 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Just the one correct answer there for that image. I did expect this would be a much trickier round than the last

Round 7 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One more correct answer ...

Round 7 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Another 9(!) correct answers there ... that image seemed to be the giveaway for most people. 11 correct answers as we head into the final image of the round.

Round 7 Image 4