Image Game Tournament 2017 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
snallygaster
1646 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2017 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by snallygaster »

Thanks for running the whole thing, DP! It really was fun. I really didn't expect to do so well, particularly since I don't generally do great at the regular image game. It's probably actually the fact that January was a busy month for me that helped me out. I didn't have time to watch movies or do much of anything, but by golly I can dedicate myself to a "quick" task like pondering screenshots.

The Rebel victory obviously makes this a great day, as we need no longer fear the tyranny of the images. This truly marks the beginning of a new era for the human race, as we shall build a new society where all can live as they choose, free of oppression. But let's talk about what's really important: my resounding victory.

The title of Grand Champion of the 2017 Image Game Tournament (and thus, barring the possibility of future tournaments, Champion of the Universe) brings great responsibility. You will find me to be a humble winner. I will not abuse my new power, great as it is. I will continue to treat you all as... well, not exactly "equals", as a single glance at the leaderboard would prove the absurdity of that notion... but anyway, I'll be nice. You'll love me, believe me.

I'm pleased to report that construction of the first major tribute to my humility, a solid gold pyramid which will become the world's tallest structure, will begin immediately. Don't worry, we'll get Letterboxd to pay for it. All members have been granted permission to report for mandatory volunteer work detail immediately.

omgfridge
2796 Ratings

Post by omgfridge »

CosmicMonkey wrote:I can't imagine how many hours of labour you must've put into this, but it was well-appreciated. I really enjoyed the format of this tournament even though I'm complete shite at guessing images, even of films I've seen multiple times. anyways thanks for all the hard work.

Completely agree as this is me also. Great work DP!

BillyPuppet
7 Ratings

Post by BillyPuppet »

I want to play a game ... again ...

http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=mDXgYZJ

MacSwell
2720 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »