Image Game Tournament 2017 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2017 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by philamental »

bowfinger wrote:
Darth Phil wrote:Sincere apologies. Complete oversight on my part. It was Short Term 12 (2013)

Hadn't even heard of this one, bloody hell.

I'm always surprised when you've heard of any film that doesn't have boobs or Steve Martin in it :P

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Thanks, DP. Now could you tell me the answer to the current round? I don't know this one, either. :lol:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

snallygaster wrote:Thanks, DP. Now could you tell me the answer to the current round? I don't know this one, either. :lol:

Well it's turning out to be a repeat of The Crow Round for sure and while this round is definitely more difficult than that one, the film itself certainly isn't obscure and most will have seen it and all will know it.

I'll admit that the first image was a nasty one. That was a deliberate misdirection as it doesn't really reflect the movie fairly. The second is a tough one but from a very memorable scene. The third is also tough but I feel I would have gotten it myself (when I have that feeling I assume it will be equally easy for everyone else). The last image should be enough to spark things for people, even if it's not the most obvious image either. When the answer is revealed I'll come back in here and give the context of each image just to help fill in the blanks.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Darth Phil wrote:
snallygaster wrote:Thanks, DP. Now could you tell me the answer to the current round? I don't know this one, either. :lol:

Well it's turning out to be a repeat of The Crow Round for sure and while this round is definitely more difficult than that one, the film itself certainly isn't obscure and most will have seen it and all will know it.

I'll admit that the first image was a nasty one. That was a deliberate misdirection as it doesn't really reflect the movie fairly. The second is a tough one but from a very memorable scene. The third is also tough but I feel I would have gotten it myself (when I have that feeling I assume it will be equally easy for everyone else). The last image should be enough to spark things for people, even if it's not the most obvious image either. When the answer is revealed I'll come back in here and give the context of each image just to help fill in the blanks.

Can't really explain this but the more I read your posts in this thread, the more I feel like you already know the answers before the images are posted. This whole thing feels rigged. I dunno.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Been searching in vain for a Criticker collection called "Prison Escape" based on that last image.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Maaxwell wrote:Been searching in vain for a Criticker collection called "Prison Escape" based on that last image.

In certain ways you would be on the right track!

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

It was The Rock (1996) ... probable spoilers ahead but who the fuck hasn't seen The Rock?

Image 1: The scene where the president reluctantly gives the order to bomb Alcatraz

Image 2: The interrogation room where Goodspeed is about to enter and meet Mason for the first time

Image 3: Goodspeed throwing up in the bathroom of the makeshift headquarters after learning he's going into the field

Image 4: Mason gathering the materials he needs to escape his Alcatraz cell for the second time.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

bowfinger wrote:[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]bowfinger is a scruffy looking nerf herder[/spoiler]

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »