Upcoming in 2017

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
3dRevelation
1164 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Upcoming in 2017

Post by 3dRevelation »

The PTA/Daniel Day-Lewis untitled film I think is slated for a late 2017 release (it's shooting now). Fashion in the 1950s isn't really my thing, but with those two involved sign me up.

I'm intrigued by Aronofsky's Mother! (not sure why it's stylized like that). I really hated that he did Noah after his success with Black Swan, and I am hoping for a return to form (although I am probably more partial to Aronofsky to others on this board). The synopsis doesn't give much, but it's enough for me to be interested. I'll probably have to tell myself not to expect Ed Harris to play a character like in A History of Violence.

The Snowman by Tomas Alfredson also sounds interesting. I quite liked Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and I'd watch a noir/crime film with Michael Fassbender at the forefront.

And it looks like Kathryn Bigelow is making a film about the 1967 Detroit Riots. As someone from the area, that one might be interesting to see.

Aaron Sorkin is making his directorial debut with Molly's Game. Doesn't sound like anything too interesting, but it might be worth monitoring.

Annihilation might be interesting as it stars Natalie Portman as a Biologist (which happens to be my field). Sounds like a sci-fi/disaster film. My interest will depend on its plausibility.

I can usually always watch Christopher Nolan. Dunkirk will probably find its way on my list of movies that I might see.

Edit: It's also interesting to note that Clint Mansell will not be scoring Aronofsky's new film. Disappointing as I've loved most of what Mansell has done. Instead the film will be scored by Johann Johannsson, whose score I don't remember from The Theory of Everything.

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

I'm sure some have seen it, but a trailer for Kingsman: The Golden Circle was released yesterday:

I quite liked the first one, but [spoiler]I don't know how I feel about Firth being alive after he was seemingly killed. I hope it isn't some kind of someone brought him back to life and now he's the villain scenario.[/spoiler]

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Well I had no idea they were remaking Murder on the Orient Express, and I don't think it will be as good as Lumet's adaptation, but I thought the trailer was good:

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Well can't make much of it, but a teaser from Aronofsky's Mother! was released:

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

PTA's Phantom Thread Trailer: