List of aggregate users / bots

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
ehk2
8465 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: List of aggregate users / bots

Post by ehk2 »

You killed the most helpful, useful account on this site:
https://www.criticker.com/profile/avgcrtckr/

Are you happy, now?

I hate you all:))

Ramy
1485 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

ehk2 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:41 pm
You killed the most helpful, useful account on this site:
https://www.criticker.com/profile/avgcrtckr/

Are you happy, now?

I hate you all:))
We did it!!!!!

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

The switch from tiers to percentiles probably had a lot to with it. All of a sudden the entire profile is obsolete. Maybe somebody will start over with the new system.

I really wish the mods would just give us an option to filter things by average percentile. (preferably one's that adjusted to account for standard deviation and sample size)

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

In October, I removed from the list the account IMDBbbbb since the account has been deleted. Thank you kritikos for letting me know!

Also, I added a new account to the list today: IGNMovies. If you compare this account's ratings to the actual site IGNMovies, you may notice some of the ratings on here don't precisely match up with the main score for the movie on IGNMovies. If you click into the actual review on IGNMovies, you'll see a line somewhere that says "Score: x out of 10". That's where it's pulling from (for at least some of its ratings on Criticker, if not all of them).

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

edit: see next post below this one for correct/updated info.

Original/outdated text of this post:
Spoiler!
kritikos alerted me that the following accounts have been deleted. I have removed them from the list. Thanks for the heads up, kritikos!

10kfilms
avgcrtckr (also thanks ehk2 for the heads up on this one)
filmaffinity
IGNMovies
imdb
IMDBv2
imdb-byvotes
MetaCritic2
mubivotes
RT:TNG
RYM-byrates
Last edited by BadCosmonaut on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Old info:
Spoiler!
So something happened that I can't explain. Those deleted accounts in the previous post are still on this site with the same username. The only thing that's different is the url to their account page. Like 10kfilms' old url was https://www.criticker.com/profile/10kfilms/ but now it's https://www.criticker.com/profile/10kfilms_ii/

Each of those accounts has had the same change to their url, which is the _ii at the end. I've added them back to the main list with their updated/new url.

Also note that my ignored list in my profile did not need to be updated. The website updated their url for me, which means that unless you deleted these users from your ignored list yourself, then you most likely don't have to make any changes to your own ignore list since all of these users should still be on there and should have the updated url.

10kfilms
avgcrtckr
filmaffinity
IGNMovies
imdb
IMDb-byvotes
IMDBv2
MetaCritic2
MUBIvotes
RT:TNG
RYM-byrates
New info:

Update from 2022 November 8: kritikos let me know (a couple months ago) that the above URLs have all been reverted back to their original URLs, so today I updated the OP once again to reflect the accurate URLs. Thanks kritikos!
Last edited by BadCosmonaut on Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drtfx7
831 Ratings

Post by drtfx7 »

funny that my top two tcis were mubivotes and rym

tawdrykid
1175 Ratings

Post by tawdrykid »

Wow, I was about to come post an epic rant about these composite/aggretate accounts messing everything up but you guys have been all over it for years! And yet they still aren't ignored by default :cry:

I like them in theory - I mean, if I match them better than other users surely I should trust them - but there are so many practical problems
* I don't trust IMDB ratings to begin with; that's why I'm here!
* Many of the aggregate accounts are highly correlated so they are effectively joining forces to manipulate the vote
* They tend to spread astroturfed ratings for unknown shows - pretty sure I don't want to know the IMDB rating when only 10 people have rated it over there...

Blah blah blah, I've learned my lesson, time to go block some accounts.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

2023 June 11 update:

Added a new account: EM-ED. This account is an aggregate that averages ratings from 3 different websites. I'm not sure which 3 websites. Thanks to EM-ED for sharing this info!

I also updated a username that has been changed: anidb to anidb-rt. I did not have to re-block this person. My block list was updated automatically whenever this name change occured, so probably no action is needed on your part for this one.

Victoriouz
11562 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »