List of aggregate users / bots

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: List of aggregate users / bots

Post by BadCosmonaut »

ehk2 wrote:
imdbtv wrote:The accounts imdbtv, tvguide77, tvcritic1, and average50 were created to get more people to rate tv series. :)
)

Why do you rate Turkish movies with 1? If you are really honest about only putting TV ratings, do so.

To be clear, I'm not trying to encourage other users to ignore anyone, nor am I trying to discourage the existence of aggregate users on this site. However, behind every aggregate user/bot is someone who makes judgment calls like this or who's bot may bug out when collecting or maintaining scores. I have so very little (if anything) to gain by unignoring these users. But what I gain by ignoring them is not having the hassle of getting bogus recommendations due to stuff like this. Ignoring them is worth it to me if only for this peace of mind (...although note that we have an example here of it being worth more than just "peace of mind," as those accounts were trying to manipulate the recommendations engine on purpose, and succeeded). Notice how easy it is for one person to create multiple aggregate users which can result in inaccurate recommendations you wouldn't have had otherwise.

No insult intended towards the person behind imdbtv, tvguide77, tvcritic1, or average50. Happy to have you around. I just prefer the hassle free solution of ignoring aggregate users.

I admit though that at least a few of the aggregate users in my original list look pretty legit and not messed up at the moment.

avgcrtckr
19985 Ratings

Post by avgcrtckr »

A note from an aggregate user:
For many years I have been compiling various aggregate ratings (avgcrckr, filmaffinity, 10kfilms and crititv)
First a few words about the aim and logic:
I started this years ago, trying to find out if likes/dislikes of cinephiles around the world differ to a great extent and if so, how. I was also curious about some obscure movies I would never have found out if those cinephiles were not there. Ultimately all I was trying to decipher was the logic of "liking" a movie (as a film producer I found it a thrilling idea, but still I do not know much about it!)
A few words about the inclusion criteria:
avgcrtckr: any film (other than TV, video, stand ups or music documentaries) that has more than 50 criticker ratings
filmaffinity: the ratings of any film as listed at filmaffinity.com (the above rules apply, additionally min. 50 ratings at the filmaffinity.com site is required)
10kfilms: is the average of the avgcrtckr, filmaffinity, imdb tiers of any film with at least 100 ratings
crititv: similar to avgcrtckr but reserved only for TV.
If any of these annoys you or disrupts your PSIs please ignore these accounts,
Sorry for any inconvenience
Cheers

quartier
1519 Ratings

Post by quartier »

Someone knows if this account is aggregating?

https://www.criticker.com/profile/filmcricket

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

quartier wrote:Someone knows if this account is aggregating?

https://www.criticker.com/profile/filmcricket

Hard to say, but I would guess so. Average of 10+ movies rated every day this week, plus 16k ratings. Maybe it's a human manually inputting a ton of ratings from a personal database, or maybe they marathon movies nonstop all day every day, but it looks like a rating bot of some kind. If so, I don't have a guess as to where it's pulling scores from or how it's determining the scores (if it isn't pulling them from anywhere).

quartier
1519 Ratings

Post by quartier »

Good point. :D

Any chance you have a updated list of bot/aggregate users?

I'm ignoring this type of accounts too.

quartier
1519 Ratings

Post by quartier »

Sorry, just saw your updated list. Thanks. :)

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

No problem.

And thanks again everyone for posting new ones as you find them.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

edited to remove outdated list
Last edited by BadCosmonaut on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

thehynes
904 Ratings

Post by thehynes »

thank you!