Upcoming Q and A

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
4293 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Upcoming Q and A

Post by JSchlansky »

On the off chance anyone is interested we're doing a Q and A on the youtube channel to celebrate one year of reviews. We're accepting questions until February 20th so if you have any questions please ask away, and they don't have to be movie related, they can be questions about anything. Questions can be left as replies, DMs comments on Youtube or sent to the email brickwallpictures@gmail.com the answer video will be released on February 25th.

Please send in questions!

I'll get rid of this post once the window closes or if anyone just doesn't want this here.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Re: Upcoming Q and A

Post by Luna6ix »

more power to you, guy. i'll throw in a question. how are you deciding what movies to review? also a suggestion, might make it just a little easier to also put the url to your main youtube page in your bio. otherwise, without looking at a specific review, i'd have no idea that you put them up on youtube.

BillyShears
5497 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

Did Brett screw Brett?

JSchlansky
4293 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Luna6ix wrote:more power to you, guy. i'll throw in a question. how are you deciding what movies to review? also a suggestion, might make it just a little easier to also put the url to your main youtube page in your bio. otherwise, without looking at a specific review, i'd have no idea that you put them up on youtube.

Thanks for the suggestion, I added the link to my bio

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I noticed in your bio that you're a filmmaker. Do you have any narrative film projects on the go?

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

hi i have a two-parter

during your intense and disturbing halloween cook-off vid you used a yellow spread out of a jar — what was it, and how do i have it banned from my country

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

What film was the easiest to write up a review on? Where any challenging and didn't come out as planned?

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Since today's V's day, I'll start with the obvious:
1. Are you guys dating?
2. Regardless of the answer to the first question, does either one of you think the other talks too much, on or off camera?
3. You guys seem to attend a lot of early screenings, does that require a lot of effort on your part?
4. Whose idea was it to have a brick wall wallpaper in your videos?
5. While I'm at it, why brickwall?
6. How do you organize your reviews? I mean, do you organize at all, or do you just shoot from the hip?
7. What do you study at shcool?
8. I know you are Sam, but for the love of god, what's her name? I just can't make it out!
9. Does she help you in guess the image game? Confess. (personal confession, I once asked a room full of my students (and once coworkers) help me name the movie, but no luck)
10. Do you think Criticker is destined for greater things?
Thank you.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

I see you're not that big on action movies and I'm usually there myself, but my second favorite movie of all time is The Accountant, which is only incidentally an action movie, but is very complex. You've not rated or apparently reviewed it. If you only see it once and have no questions about it, you're not paying attention. I saw it 12 times in theaters before I felt comfortable claiming a degree of grasping it as a whole--though I claim only average intelligence, and and a very specific OCD condition. There are several subtleties, but none more surprising than the profound hidden-in-plain-sight anomaly involving the Pollock painting--a first for Hollywood I believe. And nothing in it is obscure or subjective, you just need to watch closely...and think. Critics panned it generally, but I think it's because they don't have time to get much deeper than the surface plot/action, much less watch it 2 or 3 times, though now the DVD is available.....with pause 8-) .

Anyway, you asked, so I answered with a suggestion And FWIW, I'll toss in all of my 2016 tier 10s free of charge, none of which you've viewed, apparently, or at least not rated:

10+/10...
The Accountant

9/9...
The Jungle Book
Free State of Jones
Captain Fantastic
Nerve
The Dressmaker
Blood Father
Sully
Lion

BillyShears
5497 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

Tell me everything about The Accountant.