New Paul Thomas Anderson film

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MacSwell
2706 Ratings
Your TCI: na

New Paul Thomas Anderson film

Post by MacSwell »

For the past few weeks they've been filming the new PTA movie in the building adjoining the office I work in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Paul_Thomas_Anderson_fashion_drama_film

They're doing the make-up and costumes on the floor above me, and the sign here confirms its working title is definitely Phantom Thread.

Finally managed to get see Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis today so thought I'd stick up a couple of snaps I got.

Not super exciting but I was like a giddy schoolgirl seeing them in action.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Re: New Paul Thomas Anderson film

Post by Bojangles »

Who is the broad in the first picture?

In the second picture Anderson looks like he wants to murder you and feast on your viscera. Is he playing the baddie in the film? The scarf-wearing baddie?

dardan
1636 Ratings

Post by dardan »

1. Your office, besides looking like someone could shoot a movie there, is amazingly well-situated.

2. Is he looking at you? Is he running? Why is he running in those clothes?

Ok, so that wasn't one question, and I might've answered one of them already, but you get the drift.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I'm guessing he just doesn't get recognized that often.

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Awesome. Cigs & Red Vines had some photos from production about a month back. This is definitely one of my most anticipated films of the year. Hopefully I can temper my expectations so I'm not disappointed.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

it's fun to see shots of london like that—especially with the old cars. feels like i'm on the dark blue properties on monopoly.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

paulofilmo wrote:it's fun to see shots of london like that—especially with the old cars. feels like i'm on the dark blue properties on monopoly.

It's just off Euston Road, so sadly we're only... light blues :cry:

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Storyline: "Set in the fashion world of 1950s London, a dressmaker is commissioned to design for members of high society and the royal family."

I haven't been terribly impressed with PTA since Magnolia, The Master sucked. But if he lives up to his rep of being unpredictable (or something close thereto), that could fit right in. My question is, will it be a movie about a dressmaker that's done as well as the outstanding movie from this year with that as it's title--The Dressmaker. Hmmmm, I wonder if Jocelyn Moorhouse, an Aussie, beat him to the title. Can't help but wonder if they've.....met.

Hey, I just follow my nose.

Edit: So much for Moorhouse copping the title since it's based on a 2000 novel, but still.....