Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Spunkie
5482 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Spunkie »

There are others I noticed going through tsi list, but you are the first to come out in the open. Come, join the fun, we need some female presence to save the image for something that otherwise looks a geek convention.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Wow, that cat looks EXACTLY like mine. Like.. exactly. To the point where it's somewhat scary.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Welcome to the boards, Laura. Hope you'll stick around, as I like your writing style.

I have Holy Mountain, but have yet to watch it :shock:

(I hoard, save, and rummage the good stuff).

Feel free to check out daily updated UK TV recs here.
---

Oh! Do you recommend I watch El Topo before Holy Mountain? I neither know nor suggest connection (director aside); only that it may have increased the experience for you.

td888
3958 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Hi, I'm Jurgen. Besides movies, as you can see from the pic, I like diving ;)
I'm dutch but I work and live in Malta.

I always liked to watch movies, only the last few years I got more interested in the 'dynamics' behind a movie, like the directors, actors, film/distribution company, where it's shot etc.. I've always had a pretty good idea about which new movies are good or bad, but with Criticker a whole new dimension openened of which old films are interesting to watch too.

I guess you can call me a movie buff, I'll watch anything. I download or rent a couple of movies a week, and also go to the cinema a lot. For the cinema I use Criticker to decide which movie to see and is worth seeing on the big screen.

Anyway, don't know what else to tell. Next month I won't be checking up on Criticker, I'll be on holiday to China. So any message or request regarding 'my' tags will be answered in December. ;)

Cheers.

Oh, I've a cat too ;)

neurophate
3314 Ratings

Post by neurophate »

Helo everybody.
I was looking for that kind of website for about half a year, now i'm finally here.
And it's seems great.
I'm from Poland, and I like drama, mindfuck, surreal movies and comedies mostly. But there is also a space for anything else that is good.
Cheers

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Hello, I'm HorrorMaster. My real name is Lachlan. I'm gay, a huge fan of film, and I like to consider myself one of the biggest fans of horror films. I love computers and the internet, and I have joined virtually every respectable movie website to date - and you know what, Criticker is easily the best out of all of them. My favourite film of all time is Kill Bill, and my least favourite movie ever is Nekromantik.

I give quite a few films 100 scores - simply because I like them that much, and I believe if I gave them a slightly lower rating it would be neglecting the film's full impact.

See ya' round!

snakey
127 Ratings

Whoah! Chick Alert!

Post by snakey »

I'm not the first but I am female! :o (and :shock: even)

Introduce myself? Sure...five-foot-yeah-right, "Round IS a shape!", Saggitarius/Scorpio cusp, artist, crazy snake lady in training, and so on. The pic is really me, though I have more grey hairs now (and as the button I own says, I earned every one!) and I wear narrow-lensed glasses with blue frames these days. I'm staff to one cat and a major irritant to her brother. I live with someone whose movie tastes almost perfectly mirror my own, and as we are both on disability we watch a lot of movies. The running joke at home is that his Netflix queue will probably someday be used as evidence; we also play name-that-obscure-actor. I'm currently in the lead for picking CSI's 'Lady Heather' out of Return of the Living Dead 3 as the redheaded body-piercing zombie girlfriend. We watch those movies, so when people ask about my cinematic taste--or total lack thereof in prevailing local opinions--the standard answer is we like our movies with blood & guts hanging from the light fixtures. We watch other things, but B-list-and-worse horror makes up a majority percentage, with me specializing in creature features and him in zombies and/or dystopia.

I give a lot of high ratings, which are based on a blend of subjective and objective opinions. I will dock a rating if the film is fun but so poorly made the production values interfere with enjoying it, or if it's a beautiful movie that just wasn't worth my time to watch. I'm planning to sit down with a glass of nicely (alcoholically) hostile eggnog one night this American holiday season and start rating movies I hated so much I can barely stand to remember that I've seen 'em.

In other news, I grew up on 80s hair metal and never really did recover but with a semi-professional guitarist and major Zappa fan for a dad I did end up with some eclectic tastes (and a lot of friends who cannot understand how it is I have Duran Duran, Rammstein, Ratt, Warren Zevon, Steve Vai, Loreena McKinnitt, Bela Fleck, and Grace Jones all in my Tunes folder and most of 'em on my Winamp playlist). I haven't had cable in three years and probably won't even bother until after the digital transition, so all I can tell you about my tastes in TV is that I think CSI: has potentially jumped the shark, CSI: Miami is headed there really fast if they don't get some writers who aren't picking up their ideas from every other show on, and CSI: New York never offered me enough developed characters to be interesting. And thanks to Fox I've now seen just about every single Family Guy episode in their syndication agreement at least four times. Brian & Stewie in 2016! I'm a writer myself, of the strictly hobby variety, which means in my case I like to invent people and then torture them for my own stress relief. Hey, killing my imaginary friends is still legal!

And finally, some shouts out based on reading else's introduction posts...

paulofilmo, if I was 20 years younger and lived in the UK, I'd probably ask you on a date just based on the start of your post--Brian and Lisa are my favorites and I have more than a little in common with both of them according to my friends.

Stain, I'm gonna look up your reviews based on how you described them and yourself. And I'm almost as old as you are, so don't feel lonely about your age bracket around here. MEGA-cool Willard avatar, and I want points for correctly identifying it, according to my sweetie who's seen both versions, despite only having seen the Crispin Glover remake myself... 8-)

Waldheri, aside from a difference in how the lower half of your face is put together, you look just like my other half. Glasses and that fabulous hair included. BioMed Engineering sounds like exactly the kind of science that fascinates me but remains out of my personal reach because I'm the poster child for right-brain dominance (other than being right-handed; both of my parents are southpaws, one accountant and one guitarist. Go figure.).

HorrorMaster, tag me with a message; I'd love to discuss the similarities and differences involved in Australian and American horror movies! (For the record I don't care if it was historically accurate or know if it was actually made on location--Wolf Creek did kinda freak me out in spots.).

In closing, I'm not gonna tell you my real name, but I will tell you that my screen name is NOT based on the Escape From movies, much as I do love them. NY is fun for the right reasons and LA for the wrong ones. I will still sorta borrow a line and say "Call me snakey." And I will say this is beyond a doubt one of a very very few online places where people write as if they're capable of thinking clearly, even you young'uns! Kudos for sentence structure, spelling, and vocabulary, everyone! :ugeek:

Stain
5623 Ratings

Re: Whoah! Chick Alert!

Post by Stain »

snakey wrote:Stain, I'm gonna look up your reviews based on how you described them and yourself. And I'm almost as old as you are, so don't feel lonely about your age bracket around here. MEGA-cool Willard avatar, and I want points for correctly identifying it, according to my sweetie who's seen both versions, despite only having seen the Crispin Glover remake myself... 8-)

Well, thanks very much. However, I have to say that my avatar isn't Willard -- it's Bob Wilkins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Wilkin ... ersonality)

Fake Shemp
421 Ratings

Post by Fake Shemp »

Hey newb here.

another FEMALE :D (altho my current av is monk but i love monk so let me off please)

Okies I live in the UK, Im 21 (Halloween born.. so scorpio... i may be little but i can be ferocious :twisted: okies not really ferocious but i am short, 5"2) and wow wouldnt you know it I love movies... yes you read that right.

I love sci-fi/Horror/asian movies rather a lot. (and lots and lots of tv shows), I read comics a lot and tut a lot at the news, i woop when watching wrestling and cheer at the red wings (NHL fan)

I love kitchen dancing aka shempy dancing and singing badly and crimping (mighty boosh style) with my sister. Music wise usually the tree of Rock (not so much anything thats out now but older music and Ska)

Im obsessive or dedicated... or both about movies... im sure there is a diffrence but both is good. I think there should be more love about movies on the internet and i hope to find it here (and not so much moaning and nit picking) thats probably the dedicated part hehe

-shempy-

Stain
5623 Ratings

Post by Stain »

Welcome aboard, Fake Shemp. I may not know you very well, but I just wanted to say that you may very well have the coolest handle on Criticker. :)