Return To: Board Index | General Discussion

Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
sodr2
330 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby sodr2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 am

Sup! 23 cinephile here im into coming of age and Japanese new wave, guy above me mentioned Kôji Wakamatsu which makes me feel.... gah, feels like home you know? :) Actually im fond of many posts here.

Anyways im not sure how fast this site will blow out my candles like imdb/mubi/icheckmovies/letterbd or w.e the heck its called. This site does seem promising enough. Hope to expand my love for cinema via friends.. communication.

karamazov.
1599 Ratings

Postby karamazov. » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:26 pm

sodr2 wrote:Sup! 23 cinephile here im into coming of age and Japanese new wave, guy above me mentioned Kôji Wakamatsu which makes me feel.... gah, feels like home you know? :) Actually im fond of many posts here.

Anyways im not sure how fast this site will blow out my candles like imdb/mubi/icheckmovies/letterbd or w.e the heck its called. This site does seem promising enough. Hope to expand my love for cinema via friends.. communication.

Greets. I like your taste [and I genuinely don't mean that to be snarky, since our TCIs are way off...]. "Onibaba" below "Woman in the Dunes" tho', smh.

Emir Han
1226 Ratings

Postby Emir Han » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Hello everyone. I became a member two days ago. I love this site mostly that ranking stuff. I have watched so many movies that I did not rank yet. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I love to watch any kind of movies. Especially biopics are my favourite one. I hope I can finish ranking movies I've watched. :D

doobler
Ratings

Postby doobler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:04 am

hello fellow movie fans. i'm a big movie fan and am looking forward to sharing my analysis and critique of the movies with all of you.

dardan
1612 Ratings

Postby dardan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello doobler and I agree: uncle Todd should fuck himself.

Velvet Crowe
2151 Ratings

Postby Velvet Crowe » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:48 pm

I usually hate these topics, but meh, might as well post. I've been here for over 5 years so I might as well post.

I was born in Port Aux Basques, Newfoundland, Canada but was raised in Nova Scotia, Halifax. Have major interests in competitive gaming{and gaming in general} and tend to have an interest in all forms of entertainment be it anime, comics or literature. I don't really consider myself an expert in any of these medias but I have okayish knowledge at least.

I also have a pretty grand interest in law and international affairs. I have studied a lot about the Islamic nations as well as Eastern Asian nations. I don't consider myself an expert on these topics, but I do think I have more knowledge on it than most people do.

I'm also an amateur photographer who works in journalism at a few different publications over the years. I don't think of myself as being an amazing journalist or writer, but good enough to keep myself on the job.

dardan
1612 Ratings

Postby dardan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:01 pm

What games? Zelda?

BillyShears
4443 Ratings

Postby BillyShears » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:07 am

A hot swinging dick looking for a good time (matinee prices in the evening)

igormachete
1273 Ratings

Postby igormachete » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:44 pm

This site is so dead :(

dardan
1612 Ratings

Postby dardan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:51 pm

igormachete wrote:This site is so dead :(

Not really. It's just that no one introduces themselves in this thread anymore. Otherwise, you might have come to that conclusion because 1) on this site you are confronted relatively more with inactive users via the TCI system, whereas on other sites you would need continuous activity to be found by other users or 2) a decrease in the amount of active threads recently, something caused by a shift in moderation policy.

413 out of my top 1000 TCIs have been recently active, which, considering this site is ~12 years old, is actually pretty impressive.

Return to “General Discussion”