MMH Day 5 - The Brood

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
4287 Ratings
Your TCI: na

MMH Day 5 - The Brood

Post by JSchlansky »

Day 5 of the Macabre Month of Horror is David Cronenberg's The Brood

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Re: MMH Day 5 - The Brood

Post by 3dRevelation »

I liked The Brood quite a bit more than my PSI suggested. I tend to like Cronenberg though. That scene near the end is definitely one of Cronenberg's best body horror moments. I don't recall the slow burn in the film, but to each their own. I actually thought that was a problem with The Tenant as I thought the last half-hour was excellent, but I thought getting there was kind of a chore.

Curious, have you already watched all the movies you are reviewing? I ask because I'd be interested in hearing your take on Burnt Offerings, which like The Brood, also stars Oliver Reed (along with Karen Black and Bette Davis). I think the film is a bit flawed, but in terms of horror, I've seen plenty worse.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Yes I have already watched all of this year's films starting a couple months back but I'll keep in mind for next year. Hurricane Irma threw a pretty big wrench into getting the reviews ready

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

brickwall wrote:Yes I have already watched all of this year's films starting a couple months back but I'll keep in mind for next year. Hurricane Irma threw a pretty big wrench into getting the reviews ready

I thought so, but figured I would check. Hope you made it through the hurricane with not much more than inconvenience. Living in the Midwest, I don't have any idea how much that would suck.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I lost power for a week but it was nowhere near as bad as a lot of other places had it