Worst film of 2017?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Worst film of 2017?

Post by Stewball »

Maaxwell wrote:
Stewball wrote:kamikaxic

???
Google search yields zero results

Kamikaxe is the 63rd of 63 synonyms for self-destructive (Power Thesaurus, which doesn't show up on Google either [tisk]), ostensibly born of an etymology based on the word kamikaze. I took the liberty of coining an adjectival form, which I thought was cool since it rhymes with toxic. Sorry if that wasn't obvious. 8-)

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

avgcrtckr wrote:American Assassin (2017) 29
The Great Wall (2017) 29
Fist Fight (2017) 28
The House (2017) 28
Sandy Wexler (2017) 28
CHIPS (2017) 27
Cult of Chucky (2017) 27
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017) 27
The Dark Tower (2017) 26
Snatched (2017) 26
The Snowman (2017) 26
Çalgı Çengi İkimiz (2017) 25
Baywatch (2017) 25
The Circle (2017) 25
Geostorm (2017) 25
Rough Night (2017) 25
Death Note (2017) 24
Rosso Istanbul (2017) 24
xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017) 24
The Mummy (2017) 23
Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) 23
Fifty Shades Darker (2017) 18
Rings (2017) 18
The Emoji Movie (2017) 16
Recep Ivedik 5 (2017) 16

Of the ones I've seen, we are sympatico.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

PrestoBix wrote:Really? Care to say more about why you didn't like it?

I based my extensive non-review on the lies in the original, which were repeated in the preview, to wit:

The original predicted that a combination of storm surge and sea level rise would flood the 911 Memorial. And indeed it did--99.9999999% storm surge and 0.00000001% rise in sea level--to be generous, if that at all. Incredibly, the newscast of the flood it played, gave Hurricane Sandy as the cause, but no mention of sea level rise. :?:

It shows a storm over a city, looks like here in Arizona, where he says, "Watch the water splash on the city". OMG, that shit's been going on for eons. Dramatic time lapse yes, but it's neither new nor unusual.

He talks about positive change while showing wind farms and solar panels which are expensive drops in the bucket. (Not to downplay innovation, I'm especially hopeful about hydrogen, but not in the near future.)

"Virtually every nation AGREED to get to zero greenhouse gas emissions...", which of course is a scheme to stick it to the US. And while we've cut our pollution down to next to nothing, China, India, Iran, cities in Africa and Eastern Europe etc. choke the populations of their cities with smog.

All the while showing, as in the original, ice bergs calving in Greenland and elsewhere as a sign of global warming. But it's actually a sign of growing glaciers. Global warming causes receding glaciers--Geology 101. That was probably the most egregious lie of the bunch, and he knows it, because he was called out on it after the original, and he didn't dare to re-articulate it in this preview--and this is just a preview which they couldn't produce without canard upon prevarication. Imagine a whole movie of this crap.

This is a typical sunny day in NY City now, unlike the smog choked 60s. Notice it when you watch a movie filmed there. LA hasn't come as far, they have perpetual inversions, but it's still much better than the 60s as well.

This is San Francisco, not far north of LA, which is also typical when they don't have fog.

MacSwell
2720 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Stewball wrote:since it rhymes with toxic

In what accent?

JSchlansky
4293 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Maaxwell wrote:

In what accent?

ah Maaxwell, you're the best

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Maaxwell wrote:

In what accent?

Ah, that would be in any accent of your choosing, but especially in a PC liberal meltdown drawl, which rhymes with commie-pinko whiner's bawl (ball/brawl, take your pixic.) BTW, what happened to your argument. D'it get lost on this neck cracking tangent...(intentionally, no doubt :roll: )?

MacSwell
2720 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Stewball wrote:Ah, that would be in any accent of your choosing, especially in a PC liberal meltdown drawl, which rhymes with commie-pinko whiner's bawl (ball/brawl, take your pixic.)

I was genuinely curious, because in an English accent (like mine), they wouldn't rhyme.

Stewball wrote:BTW, what happened to your argument. D'it get lost on this neck cracking tangent...(intentionally, no doubt )?

Indeed intentionally. That conversation was going absolutely nowhere.

If you want to discuss movies without all this relentless, tedious, irrelevant "I hate libruls" prattle, I'm all ears.

PrestoBix
2397 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

Stewball wrote:
PrestoBix wrote:Really? Care to say more about why you didn't like it?

I based my extensive non-review on the lies in the original, which were repeated in the preview, to wit:

The original predicted that a combination of storm surge and sea level rise would flood the 911 Memorial. And indeed it did--99.9999999% storm surge and 0.00000001% rise in sea level--to be generous, if that at all. Incredibly, the newscast of the flood it played, gave Hurricane Sandy as the cause, but no mention of sea level rise. :?:

It shows a storm over a city, looks like here in Arizona, where he says, "Watch the water splash on the city". OMG, that shit's been going on for eons. Dramatic time lapse yes, but it's neither new nor unusual.

He talks about positive change while showing wind farms and solar panels which are expensive drops in the bucket. (Not to downplay innovation, I'm especially hopeful about hydrogen, but not in the near future.)

"Virtually every nation AGREED to get to zero greenhouse gas emissions...", which of course is a scheme to stick it to the US. And while we've cut our pollution down to next to nothing, China, India, Iran, cities in Africa and Eastern Europe etc. choke the populations of their cities with smog.

All the while showing, as in the original, ice bergs calving in Greenland and elsewhere as a sign of global warming. But it's actually a sign of growing glaciers. Global warming causes receding glaciers--Geology 101. That was probably the most egregious lie of the bunch, and he knows it, because he was called out on it after the original, and he didn't dare to re-articulate it in this preview--and this is just a preview which they couldn't produce without canard upon prevarication. Imagine a whole movie of this crap.

This is a typical sunny day in NY City now, unlike the smog choked 60s. Notice it when you watch a movie filmed there. LA hasn't come as far, they have perpetual inversions, but it's still much better than the 60s as well.

This is San Francisco, not far north of LA, which is also typical when they don't have fog.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I was curious about your negative perspective on The Florida Project.

I haven't seen the Inconventient Truth sequel, but I can agree with your thinking here.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Maaxwell wrote:
Stewball wrote:Ah, that would be in any accent of your choosing, especially in a PC liberal meltdown drawl, which rhymes with commie-pinko whiner's bawl (ball/brawl, take your pixic.)

I was genuinely curious, because in an English accent (like mine), they wouldn't rhyme.

Stewball wrote:BTW, what happened to your argument. D'it get lost on this neck cracking tangent...(intentionally, no doubt )?

Indeed intentionally. That conversation was going absolutely nowhere.

If you want to discuss movies without all this relentless, tedious, irrelevant "I hate libruls" prattle, I'm all ears.

I don't bring up "librul" crap, they throw it out there, re: the OP, and I respond. Why do you judge my response prattle, but not their politically motivated cheap shots?

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

PrestoBix wrote:I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I was curious about your negative perspective on The Florida Project.

I haven't seen the Inconventient Truth sequel, but I can agree with your thinking here.

It does nothing but dwell on the irresponsible, idiot actions of the squatter, while the beleaguered manager keeps enabling her--all in complete antithesis to the lighthearted preview.