Worst film of 2017?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Worst film of 2017?

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Since, most of the Oscar/Awards circuit movies won't be out until December, it's probably still a little too early to talk about the best film of the year. but it's not too early to talk about the WORST film of the year! What are y'all's least-favourite movie of the year so far?

I haven't had the chance to see a ton of films this year, so I don't have the most-informed opinion, but my lowest-rated film of 2017 so far is The Beauty and the Beast, which, although by all means a watchable film, is also a pointless, unnecessary almost line-for-line remake that added nothing new to the story and was inferior to the original in almost every way. It was a movie that made me feel angry that I wasted my money to see it in theatres.
Last edited by CosmicMonkey on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

djross
5318 Ratings

Re: Worst film of 2017?

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

Worst five, highest scoring to worst scoring:

The Dark Tower (65)
The Great Wall (64)
The Game Changer (63)
Death Note (57)
Black Site Delta (44)

Pretty normal for me that the bottom is occupied by a low budget, nobody studded, made for dvd (tv or otherwise not theatrically released) movie.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

The two worst of the year I've seen are easily 'The Space Between Us', YA garbage that I saw at an early screening without knowing anything about, and 'Some Freaks', a little movie I saw at a film festival that includes a scene where a guy screams "eat it you fat pig" while forcefully shoving macaroni and cheese mixed with crisco into his girlfriends mouth because she has started losing weight and he likes her overweight, also features a pretty-boy jock who's constantly saying "you know I'm actually really creative and smart" and then tries to force sex upon a girl who doesn't believe that he's creative and the audience is supposed to feel sympathetic for him.

guy piranha
2041 Ratings

Post by guy piranha »

brickwall wrote:'Some Freaks', a little movie I saw at a film festival that includes a scene where a guy screams "eat it you fat pig" while forcefully shoving macaroni and cheese mixed with crisco into his girlfriends mouth because she has started losing weight and he likes her overweight, also features a pretty-boy jock who's constantly saying "you know I'm actually really creative and smart" and then tries to force sex upon a girl who doesn't believe that he's creative and the audience is supposed to feel sympathetic for him.

That's a recommendation if I ever read one.

My bottom dwellers are The Great Wall and Leatherfa(r)ce.

Not taking statistics into account, I'd put my money on Baywatch, though. The laziest piece of shit I have seen in quite a while. Not like I was expecting anything, but they even managed to double down on that.

BillyShears
5493 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

The Emoji Movie raped me and left me for dead. Or the closest a movie can come to doing that.

Mentaculus
3438 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

BillyShears wrote:The Emoji Movie raped me and left me for dead. Or the closest a movie can come to doing that.

God, I love you.

Of the films I saw this year (and I generally don't go out of my way to see anticipated crap) Baywatch was the most objectively bad. But, Detroit was such an incomprehensibly uncomfortable and offensive viewing experience, both technically and morally, so I'll go with that. I'd rather watch Baywatch again.

Ramy
1485 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

The one I ranked the lowest is McG's The Babysitter. It's not terrible, but it's the worst out of the eight 2017 movies I've seen.

PrestoBix
2378 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

Worst movie for me (out of 20 seen) was Kong: Skull Island. I was shaking my head so many times during the movie. Amazingly jarring tonal shifts and they ask for such extreme suspension of disbelief.

However, Murder on the Orient Express was worse in a lot of ways since it was one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

maybe we can just go back home

Post by paulofilmo »

obviously bill wurtz must direct the next john wick movie