Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by philamental »

paulofilmo wrote:the second image somehow immediately reminded of the bricks scene in the movie

i think tht's what happened

This actually makes sense in a lot of ways. I think the first image was the recognizable one but without the context provided by the second image it didn't connect with people. If I posted them in the reverse order, I probably still would have gotten the answers after the second image.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

For me it was a process of elimination. It clearly looked like an 80s martial arts film set in Hong Kong, but I didnt recognize it. So all I had to do was think of the 80s martial arts films I HAD seen and cross them out, and Bloodsport was the only one left that had more than 500 rankings.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I typed "dojo scene" into Google Images and just scrolled for a while

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Oh god, I literally pm'd you the answer, refreshed the page and saw your updated post, which can only mean that time was up :cry:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I've given this some thought and I've decided to accept dunbar's answer. I've known dunbar on here for years through the various image game threads, and he is not a competitive player in the slightest and I don't think for a second he tried to gain an advantage by answering after the answers were posted. He pops up here and there when time allows him and if he thinks he knows the image in play he has a go. This morning (my time, maybe last night on his), he saw the bonus round that was still in play, did his detective work and calculations and I believe submitted his answer not knowing the round had ended while he worked. Strictly by the rules, I should not accept the answer. I know this, but I want people to enjoy playing and I feel better accepting it because I trust dunbar and know he didn't cheat as he doesn't play that way. I don't imagine there will be any objections, but in case anyone does, I refer you back to rule 10 in the original tournament post ... in short .... My House, My Rules 8-)

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Haha, baited and outsmarted. I’m making a come from behind victory bitches! :twisted:

Also, freebie next week Phil. ;)

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ok, we need to talk about Round 11 ...

Image 1 - One supporting character is shown face on, and another is partially visible ... no answers

Image 2 - TWO supporting characters are shown face on ... no answers

Image 3 - a minor unnamed character who has seconds of screentime is shown from the side ... 10 correct answers!!!

How is this possible? Because the minor unnamed character is a hot blonde who gets her titties out and that's what you guys remember from this movie of course! What a bunch of pervs! I'm horrified! In the current sensitive climate, I can see the only #MeToo movement on display here is ... "Hey, I recognize those titties!", "Yeah! Me Too"

:P

Actually it's funny but I predicted this. I was torn between whether image 2 or 3 should come first but I figured (correctly) that the tit biting scene was far more memorable than the other two forgettable characters despite their faces being shown. Still doesn't mean you're not all a bunch of pervs though ;)

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

I can only speak for myself. I haven't seen the movie, and the order of images 2/3 probably would not have mattered.

From just one of those images, I would have guessed (and did in fact guess) that it was a cheesy/funny movie. But that wasn't enough for me to narrow it down.

Once I saw the third image, the fact that 2 out of 3 images took place on a plane made me assume it was a movie that primarily took place on a plane. My first thought of "comical movie on a plane" was Soul Plane (excluding Airplane! of course, because I would have known that one). When watching clips rejected that idea, Snakes on a Plane jumped in my mind, and clips showed that I was right on that one.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

mattorama12 wrote:I can only speak for myself. I haven't seen the movie, and the order of images 2/3 probably would not have mattered.

From just one of those images, I would have guessed (and did in fact guess) that it was a cheesy/funny movie. But that wasn't enough for me to narrow it down.

Once I saw the third image, the fact that 2 out of 3 images took place on a plane made me assume it was a movie that primarily took place on a plane. My first thought of "comical movie on a plane" was Soul Plane (excluding Airplane! of course, because I would have known that one). When watching clips rejected that idea, Snakes on a Plane jumped in my mind, and clips showed that I was right on that one.

Yeah, I haven't seen the film either and it was pretty much the same thing logic for me, except the fashion (especially of the blonde) pretty much narrowed the film down to the early 2000s. And what is the first silly film set on plane from the easly 2000s I could think of? Why, Snakes on a Plane of course. I guess it could've been Soul Plane too, but Snakes on a Plane came to mind first for me.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

i have samuel l jackson helping me with the clues